When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Employee Relations Advisor - Life Science Solutions Group (LSG) conducts higher risk and complex/complicated investigations of HR and/or employment law complaints and concerns. The ER Advisor is also an SME consultant to HR for developing and implementing HR investigation processes and tools, and for consulting on performance management, corrective action, and labor relations strategy. Additional responsibilities includes management of ER operations including workflow, knowledge management, case management, quality customer service, adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operation Level Agreements (OLAs), and production of regular reports and metrics.
- Advise HR clients on disciplinary issues including misconduct, policy practice violations, corrective actions, and termination.
- Investigate, assess and recommend resolutions to employee relations issues raised through various means, including the Ethics Hotline or from HR.
- Provide coaching and assist Field HR with the development and execution of corrective actions and developmental action plans.
- Consult with Employment Counsel regarding privileged and/or potential high risk employee relations issues and investigations.
- Partner with the Employment Law Team, as appropriate, to develop resolution strategies for employee complaints. Assure consistency/compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Responsible for interpreting and advising on Company policies and procedures for HR.
- Recommend policy and practice changes based on internal trends.
- Identify need for training and awareness programs for Company business areas to promote and support positive workforce management and environment.
- Responsible for case management, analysis, tracking, documentation and trending and will consider process improvements, interventions or remedial actions as a result.
- Meet metrics and measures of success that are aligned to business outcomes
- Manage day-to-day operations in accordance with SLAs, OLAs, and key performance indicators (e.g., quality)
- Provide regular reporting of SLA performance to key stakeholders including our business customers and to our HRBPs and COE partners
- Leverage standardized global processes, tools, and technologies to ensure quality service to our customers.
- Partner with HR1 to affect a collaborative partnership.
- Manage and participate in special assignments and projects as needed.
- Other duties and assignments as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning institution, with majors in business, human resources or the social sciences preferred.
- 10+ years of diverse experience within a large organization.
- At least 5 years in an Employee Relations role, preferably in a shared services or COE model handling complex HR related investigations.
- Case management and knowledge management experience.
- Proven project management skills, including attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with solid judgment and discretion is critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proper grammar and correct sentence structure to document cases in the case management system and communicate with customers and employees via email.
- Must be able to successfully interact with all levels within the organization.
- Exceptional customers focus and service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage to achieve consensus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability.
- JD and/or PHR/SPHR Certification a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. A
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join