When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Inside Sales Representative will support the Molecular Spectroscopy (MOL) North America Sales organization of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Inside Sales Rep will work with the commercial organization to execute programs that qualify and nurture leads to accelerate revenue growth and customer interactions. The Inside Sales Rep will also provide support for the sales of aftermarket options and accessories, new product introductions, promotions and equipment retirement programs.
Driving Lead Generation:
- Drive revenue growth for MOL
- Prospect and discover key customer lead opportunities - Make outbound calls to new and existing customers via telephone and e-mail. Qualify leads and nurture opportunities.
- Introduce new instruments to perspective and existing customers
- Drive incremental sales of after-market options and accessories
- Focus on instrument retirements to generate new sales.
- Utilize UIA and SFDC to identify and communicate new opportunities
- Provide product information and recommendations to end users
- Participate in the implementation of sales strategies to meet team goals
- Support the growth and implementation of sales strategies for assigned business segments
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to develop account specific strategies
- Work closely with teams to drive key initiatives
- Effective at being an individual and team contributor
- Communicate with manager any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by the manager
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of customer contacts within SFDC
- Monthly team and pipeline calls
- Bachelors degree in science field preferred or related experience
- 1-3 years sales experience
- Ability to identify with and recognize customer requirements, providing appropriate recommendations and solutions
- Prior contracts experience a plus
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communications skills
- Internal account management and cold calling experience a plus
- Results oriented focus with productive approach to sales
- Demonstrates a professional rapport with customers and co-workers
- Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of SFDC a plus
- Minimal travel includes: customer visits, tradeshows, trainings and sales meetings
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join