As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Global Product Manager, Mass Spectrometry, Microbiology
The Global Product Manager, Mass Spectrometry Solutions (MSS), Microbiology will have the business acumen and technical experience within the medical and clinical microbiology laboratory environment to successfully achieve the requirements of the role. The Global PM MSS will be responsible for executing product management duties associated with current and future mass spectrometry-based products in the portfolio area as assigned and will assist the marketing team with product positioning and market development and plans. Specifically, this position is the key liaison to R&D, marketing, sales, operations, clinical trials and quality and regulatory teams with accountability to drive effective product launches on schedule, generate demand, build brand equity, and establish customer loyalty through the establishment of a scientific community for next generation microbial mass spectrometry. The position will report to Program Director in Vantaa Finland, and to Marketing Director in Lenexa, Kansas USA.
We are looking for a passionate, energetic and results-oriented marketing/product management professional with a creative and analytical mind. The successful candidate will have a proactive approach to seeking solutions and driving rapid resolution of challenges. Clinical microbiology experience and experience with IVD solutions/systems are significant advantages for succeeding in the role. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Collaborate with R&D and project management to ensure that product functional requirements satisfy the market needs. Conduct trade-off analyses to balance necessary functional requirements and business assumptions against timelines, cost and risk
- Coordinate production of required marketing and technical literature, including user manuals, service manuals, promotional materials, web content, etc.
- Interact with customers, R&D, commercial leadership to assist in the development and execution alpha, beta, and early access testing plans
- Support development of clear branding and related strategic and tactical messaging
- Prepare and manage marketing budgets
- Monitor product quality, availability, and customer satisfaction and implement. Champion corrective action
- Manage forecast activity and support Supply Chain in the management of critical products
- Understand the market environment including strengths, weaknesses, and product competition
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive innovation, develop customer requirements, and maintain market attractiveness
- Collaborate with KOLs, customers, and internal stakeholders to identify product opportunities
- Develop and implement training programs
- Serve as the key marketing solutions lead for all cross-functional activity and communication
- Lead the development of the annual marketing plan that is in alignment with business objectives
- Participate in process and operation improvement opportunities
- Comply with company quality management systems, policies, and procedures
- Assist in RFP and tender processes
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in marketing, product management, sales, and/or lab operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At a minimum, bachelor’s degree is required in life science, preferably microbiology, or related discipline
- Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies.
- Ability to effectively drive a project team through excellent influencing skills in a complex organization
- Ability to work in a multinational environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with effective communication across numerous functional areas, and strong public presentation skills required
- Strong sense of accountability and follow through
- Working knowledge of computers; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint knowledge is required
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships with a broad audience at all organizational levels
- Ability to build consensus among team members
- Willingness to travel globally (up to 40%)
- Passionate, high energy, and result oriented with creative and analytical mind
- Excellent written and spoken English. Other languages a plus
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including a cover letter, CV and salary request. Please apply via https://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference 45475BR.
Application deadline by Sunday the 9th of April, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact
Mikko Koskinen, Program Director, +358 50 599 4082 at following times Thursday 23rd of March between 9-10 (Finnish time, UTC+2) and Friday 24th of March between 9-10 and Monday the 27th of March between 9-9.30 (Finnish summer time UTC+3).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join