When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Staff Scientist Bioinformatics
The PGM Dx software team is part of clinical sequencing division of Thermo Fisher Scientific and supports both diagnostics and RUO products. The current PGM Dx team includes Development team, Instrument testing team, Functional testing team and Bio-informatics team. Bio-Informatics team plays crucial role in defining, designing and validating new applications/feature supported or to be supported on PGM Dx platform.
- Analyze the requirements and design data analysis pipelines to support various applications (Oncology, Whole genome sequencing, RNASeq etc)
- Help software development team to understand and design the complex Informatics and Data Visualization features.
- Write and execute test protocols to validate the features and data analysis pipelines
- Check the correctness of output Compare output data with other equivalent systems
- Perform system performance profiling
- Perform test automation with Python and Java
- Requirement gathering and analysis and writing design docs for various analysis features
- Prepare FDA submission documentation
- Write and execute test cases, responsible for updating defect-tracking records.
- Work closely with developers to implement software features.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Requires a Masters or PhD in bioinformatics or related discipline.
- Requires 2+ years of industry experience.
- Requires experience in NGS data analysis
- Requires experience in perl/python scripting.
- Requires experience in Java programming.
- Requires basic understanding or working knowledge of software testing.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of mapping, variant calling and fusion detection algorithm would be advantageous
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join