Central Distribution - Outbound Lead
Job ID :
US - Kansas - Lenexa
- Assist in assignment of daily tasks to distribution personnel.
- Complete, correct, and/or file paperwork as required.
- Monitor pulling, packing, and manifesting of orders to identify and correct errors as well as retrain to avoid repetition of errors.
- Assist in expediting facility order.
- Provide input about personnel’s progress for evaluations.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff in order to resolve any order problems or potential problems.
- Recommend corrections in employee behavior, actions, or work habits and report any misconduct or policy deviation by branch personnel to the branch supervisor.
- Remain at facility until all orders for the day have been completed and provide assistance to employees to complete orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain a stock and inventory of raw materials (shipping supplies) and produce an order when deficiencies are found.
- Accept responsibility for operations when Supervisor is absent.
- Gather and scan products from storage coolers per branch typically reaching up to but not limited to 105 inches high, grasping and gripping.
- Pack and arrange products onto pallets or into varied package sizes, working at table heights ranging from 30 inches to 34 inches.
- Check own work and that of others as assigned for quality and safety performance, completing any additional steps to prepare/finalize order for shipment.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and efficiently with little supervision, communicating verbally or in writing any discrepancies as needed.
- Obtain, stack and place product on shelves, load/unload courier trucks or assist in warehouse as needed.
- Lift up to 63 pounds from floor to waist and lift up to 54 pounds from floor to shoulder height on a regular basis using step ladder as needed.
- Walk and stand up to six (6) hours at a time, up to 12 hours a day, with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist with occasional climbing on foot stool.
- Fill out forms as needed, producing neat handwriting and legible signature.
- Push or pull products on a cart, weight of up to 250 pounds to push and 250 pounds to pull.
- Push pallet jack with weight up to 1200 pounds.
- Work in environment with temperature of 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep work a clean and free of packaging materials, shipping cartons, etc.
- Listen to and follow written and verbal instructions given in the English language.
- Arrive to work on time and work during scheduled work hours, working overtime as needed.
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management.
- The Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007 mandates 100% screening of cargo at the piece level, originating in the U.S and transported on passenger aircraft, by August 2010. As a result Thermo Fisher Scientific has opted to become a self-screening facility Certified Cargo Screening Facility (CCSF). Part of the screening facility assessment is Security Threat Assessments (STA) qualifications that must be adhered to. Potential new candidates must be able to successfully complete the STA certification.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join