This position is responsible for supporting the FBS operations from the scheduling and planning of all orders to meet and maintain service levels for all clients at a supervisory level.
- Under supervision, follow Production Orders to complete client Packaging requirements
- Under supervision, follow Kitting Plans / Kit Maps to complete client specific kitting projects
- Under supervision, pull correct material from in house software systems
- Under supervision, pick / pack orders
- Under supervision, book Transport
- Meet necessary timelines i.e. couriers / quality
- Under supervision, receive deliveries from couriers
- Under supervision, receive into relevant unit and onto relevant software system
- Under supervision, complete GMP paperwork in timely manner
- Under supervision, inventorize material against document inventory either from in house or client
- Under supervision, complete Cycle counts as and when requested by PM
- Follow SOPs
- Support the business metrics in ensuring that all Company & Regulatory requirements for Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance through supporting the EHS Champion for the Bishop’s Stortford site
- Supports and maintains compliance to all regulatory agencies, this includes but is not limited to; MHRA (GMP), HTA, HFEA and ISO 9001-2008 accreditation
- Gain a complete understanding of all inventory systems such as GPM and In-Trak and any future systems that may be implemented to support the business needs
- Support the culture of Continuous improvement through the PPI Lean process
- Under supervision, ensure all job related paperwork is correct, error-free, and completed in real time as per SOPs
- Exhibits appropriate behavior, language and appearance at all times on the job or at company events
- To be available for infrequent overtime work as necessary and to be willing to attend site, out of hours, in the case of emergency or extraordinary work requirement
- To perform any tasks that may be necessary to run specific projects
- This position functions in a repository environment, which may include working with dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, as well as marked changes in temperature
- GCSE level or equivalent
- IT literate – preferably Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to read and interpret general procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Builds good working relationship with others.
- Able to work under pressure and to support other within the team
- Hands-on experience working with biological and/or pharmaceutical samples(desirable)
- Hands-on experience working in clinical packaging (desirable)
- Experience working in a GMP (GxP) environment (desirable)
- Frequently required to type, sit, stand, walk, lift/carry up to 25kg. Occasionally required to push/roll 280kg lb liquid nitrogen dewars and 4-500kg freezers, and work from a platform ladder
- On call requirement for the role, therefore must live no more than 30 minutes driving time from the facility (preferable)
- Employment is subject to 10 year screening for criminal records, qualifications, previous employment and credit history – Thermo Fisher Scientific have the right not to employ people failing to meet the standards required
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join