In this role the qualified individual is expected to:
- Present and successfully sell our Life Sciences Solutions Group value proposition up to the C-Suite level, as well as ensure total account buy-in and satisfaction at the local level at key sites around the country/globe.
- Understand the dynamics of the clinical testing and pathology laboratory marketplace.
- Protect our current base through excellent account management to grow our business in all key application areas. This requires effectively balancing the financial goals through pricing strategy and account maintenance for the organization and the customer to secure long-term relationships and meet revenue plans within these key accounts.
- Collaborate closely with North American Sales Leader and regional leads to ensure strategic goals are met.
- Wil coordinate all account maintenance and strategic growth plans for our largest national laboratory customers in their geographic market with local sales and support teams.
- Lead monthly and quarterly business reviews with both internal and external constituents.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, Market Development team, and District and Regional Managers to facilitate effective account plans and customer service delivery levels.
- Work collaboratively with all Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions, most specifically HMD, to leverage a total Thermo Fisher Scientific experience.
- Meet and/or exceed annual growth targets.
- Travel approximately 50% of total time.
This position is accountable for achieving plan sales growth through direct customer selling interactions and effective account leadership; persuasively articulating the LSG value proposition and economic case as part of the larger Thermo Fisher Scientific value message; mapping and planning of key projects/opportunities to ensure we are aligned with the strategic direction of the client and larger Thermo Fisher Scientific organization; and working with cross-functional divisions where needed to secure revenue and enhance overall customer experience. All activity will be in compliance with company policies and guidelines.
To qualify for this job, you:
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently out of your home, and be willing to travel approximately 50% of time (throughout the U.S., possible international travel as needed);
- Cultivating, leveraging, and developing long-term customer relationships, including “C” level and Senior VP level relationships, coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs.
- Demonstrated Leadership within National or Key Accounts with proven outcomes
- Have a working knowledge of the clinical/diagnostic laboratory environment and a broad scientific understanding of molecular, cellular and protein biology.
- Have a focus on exceeding plan revenue objectives relative to Price Maintenance, Capital Equipment Sales, Contract Renewal, and Competitive Conversions.
- Possess strong listening and interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written presentation communication skills;
- Be business plan-focused and be able to make sound data driven business decisions, while also being appropriately flexible and resilient enough to respond to changing business and customer needs;
- A greater understanding of the competitive landscape in their customer base
- Demonstrate innovative thinking , be well organized, and intensely driven to deliver results;
- Have a solid background in market and account development, creating and implementing successful business strategies that drive market and sales growth.
- Prior experience selling to companies in the laboratory testing market with background or laboratory experience in the scientific focus areas of genetic analysis or molecular testing.
- Possess strong analytical capabilities in order to assess and understand profitability of customer relationships in order to effectively partner and negotiate
- Be able to effectively partner with internal functions in order to coordinate critical customer needs and drive complex opportunities in a laboratory developed testing environment.
- Min. 4 year degree, preferably in the Biological Sciences. MBA or advanced degree in the sciences is also desirable
- 7-10 years of sales and or sales management experience is a minimum requirement. Capital equipment selling experience and large account management are also highly desirable.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join