At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Sales Representative / Account Manager is responsible for the sales of clinical reagents (Toxicology, TDM's, ISD, Biomarkers for PCT, PNS), instruments and services within a defined territory, serving customers engaged in hospitals, private clinics, private labs and other fields of clinical research and toxicology. The Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales forecasts.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with laboratory clinicians, technicians and purchasing within assigned territory.
- Territory is Ontario & Manitoba; 90% & 10%.
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory.
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Seeks out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
- Researches competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data into the business plan.
- Introduce new products and services
- Manage pricing and negotiates within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems, perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control, consults with customers
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the clinical laboratory industry and/or 2+ years hands-on clinical laboratory experience. Clinical Chemistry experience an asset.
- BSc or MSc, preferably in the clinical sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and SalesForce.com
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join