Finance Analyst (Operations)
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group, for the Microbiology Division (MBD), this role provides a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate who is looking for a role that offers training and support to become a fully qualified accountant. The Operations Finance Analyst in the MBD Operations Finance team will provide insights into the financial results, enable better business decisions, as well as support global best practices and improvement strategies. This role reports to the Operations Finance Manager. Our expectation is that the role holder will be in this team for approximately 18 months before rotating to a different Finance department to gain experience within Commercial Analysis or Financial Planning & Reporting.
We’re looking for somebody who wants to work within a global organization that enables individuals to reach their best through continuous challenges and expansive opportunities. Working within a team of experienced finance professionals, you’ll be helping a business that is dedicated to delivering quality products that help society.
The role covers a variety of responsibilities. The following give a good indication of those:
- Support the understanding of global operational performance and helps to drive operational improvement through weekly and monthly reporting of KPIs and other metrics;
- Support monthly and quarterly business reviews;
- Project support – operations finance support on initiatives that span the wider Microbiology and Thermo Fisher Scientific organization;
- Support profitability analysis, standardization adherence and planning efficiency;
- Champion the Cost out program (PPI Business System) through project engagement and in providing PPI metrics and measures;
- Run the process and drive improvements to financial forecasting, tying into the manufacturing organizational setup and the division P&L and metrics;
- Develop business analysis, report findings and make recommendations for course corrections and alternatives;
- Provide Divisional support to the Annual Budget, Standard Cost Roll and Transfer Pricing procedures;
- Report capital investment requests and consolidate business case proposals;
- Test adherence to all global standards, policies and processes ;
- Support of the Global Quality and Regulatory Affairs in cost management and initiative evaluation;
- Support of the Global logistics / Supply Chain team.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a Finance, Business or Maths discipline
- A strong desire to study for a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Microsoft Office (heavy Excel emphasis), SAP, Hyperion and Business Objects knowledge is desirable
- Strong analytical skills, ability to present a business case;
- Ability to deal with complexity and isolate the essentials;
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Accountability, accuracy, clear and concise communication skills;
- Ability to find workarounds in a less than perfect systems environment;
- A healthy dose of curiosity
- US GAAP knowledge
- Prior manufacturing finance experience, including inventory accounting
This role can be based at either Basingstoke or Darford.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join