The Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst will develop sustainable cyber threat intelligence capabilities and support the Threat Management Center in analysis of threats, development of effective countermeasures, and improvement of detection and response capabilities. The successful candidate will use all sources of technical data collection and analysis to produce a common operating picture of intrusion or threat related activity. This includes developing and maintaining new technical and non-technical sources of information, methods of integration and enrichment, threat research, threat profile development, analysis, briefings, countermeasures, and warnings.
Works with SOC analysts, key vendors, open source communities, forums, and other groups to:
- Gather relevant Threat Intelligence
- Parse and fuse information to provide the SOC with relevant knowledge of indicators and behaviors to monitor through automated means within the SIEM
- Develop regular threat intelligence reports based on general threat actor concerns across the company, business units, and those specific to Thermo Fisher
- Work with SOC team to track campaigns actively or historically targeting Thermo Fisher
- Generate actionable intelligence sharing reports as needed
- Support the Security Operations Center incident response and investigations
- Provide actionable and timely threat intelligence to the Security Operations Center
- Develop and share actionable threat intelligence with industry peers
- Maintain a situational awareness of the current security industry and emerging threat landscape.
- Develop and locate appropriate tools and automation that support the collection, processing and analysis of our threat intelligence processes.
- Communicate research results in both open and closed forums. This includes blogs, whitepapers, vetted intelligence sharing communities, internal presentations and conference presentations.
- Engage with the external cyber community to build collaborative relationships and drive thought leadership.
- Identify new opportunities for strategic directions and innovation based on existing and emergent cyber threat concepts.
- Provide recommendations to senior management on strategic issues based on cyber threat expertise and knowledge of industry trends combined with business needs.
- Coaches/mentors threat intelligence analysts of less experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Cyber Security or equivalent work experience acceptable
- 4+ years of combined experience in cyber threat intelligence, cybersecurity architecture, security engineering, or SOC work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Must be proactive, creative, and possess strong analytical skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be proactive and possess strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Tactical threat analysis experience
- Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data from multiple sources, documenting the results and providing meaningful analysis products
- Experience creating customized security log analysis and detection capabilities using programming and development expertise, including Java, Python, Shell scripting, and regular expression
- Knowledge of the principal methods, procedures, and techniques of gathering information and producing, reporting, and sharing intelligence
- Familiar with IOC collection, validation and distribution through many different platforms
- Must be fluent in all major Operating Systems Platforms (Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac)
- Must have a solid understanding of virtual environments hosted and cloud (VSphere, Hypervisor, AWS, Azure etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of common adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Strong collaborative skills and proven ability to work in a diverse global team of security professionals
Relevant technical certifications a plus:
GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GREM, GNFA, GCIA, or related certification(s) desired