When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Director of the Digital Software Engineering will lead an IT engineering team in the delivery of digital capabilities aligned to meet our business objectives. This is a key leadership role directing a global team of technologists that maintain, extend and innovate our digital platform for science. The role is responsible for our two premier websites (thermofisher.com and fishersci.com), mobility, supply centers, B2B solutions, and other digital capabilities. This role will interact with all levels of the organization from individual team members to senior leadership, and be responsible for shaping the solutions to be delivered by the team.
- Lead a team of direct reports, vendors and enterprise partners in the delivery of digital capabilities
- Leverage your digital experience to develop and deliver a multi-year digital strategy and roadmap in partnership with the business and architecture teams
- Drive an innovative culture comprised of self-directed teams using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Apply your technical expertise to drive a micro-services strategy and architecture
- Act as a change agent continually driving process improvements in both IT and the business
- Advocate technology best practices that enable high performing teams with measurable key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Research new technologies to optimize solutions and ensure sustainability
- Prepare and manage an annual budget.
- Effectively maintain external partnerships and manages performance.
- Support our ONE TEAM value by promoting team work within and across the organization.
- Own the reliability, stability and scalability of our digital platform (systems).
- BS/BA or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the software or high tech industry, and managing across multiple geographic locations
- Background in pure play eCommerce is preferred
- Proven leadership skills – coaching, development, performance management
- Results oriented leader who focuses on KPIs
- Experience leading a large team across multiple geographic locations
- Expert problem solving and trouble shooting skills in a complex environment
- Strong decision making skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Strong client and customer support orientation with collaborative style
- Demonstrated integrity and maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges
- Strong digital technology skills with domain expertise in Cloud technologies, micro-services, Content, eCommerce, Mobile, CRM, Marketing, Agile
- Current on technology trends, strengths and weaknesses, etc.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate strategy to an executable plan
- Superior communication (written and verbal), negotiation and facilitation skills with various audiences
- Self-starter with ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Proven track record of delivering large scale high throughput platforms on time and on budget
- Ability to travel 10-25%
This position has been approved for relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.