When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
US - Kansas – Lenexa/Microbiology Division
How will you make an impact?
Here at the Central Distribution Center we’re seeking energetic, passionate, results oriented Order Fillers who have experience working in a distribution center. The position is located at our environmentally controlled facility that has an excellent track record for safety in Lenexa, KS.
What will you do?
- Gather and scan products from storage coolers per branch or customer orders typically reaching up to but not limited to 84 inches high, grasping and gripping.
- Pack and arrange products onto pallets or into varied package sizes.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and efficiently with little supervision, communicating verbally or in writing any discrepancies as needed.
- Obtain, stack and place product on shelves, load/unload courier trucks or assist in warehouse as needed in both cooler environment (32 degrees Fahrenheit) and Dry warehouse which is climate controlled year round.
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a consistent basis.
- Walk and stand up to six (6) hours at a time, up to 12 hours a day, with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist.
- Accurately and legibly complete company and carrier documentation.
- Push or pull products on a cart, weight of up to 250 pounds to push and 250 pounds to pull.
- Push pallet jack with weight up to 1200 pounds.
- Load refrigerated trailer trucks with pallets of products to send to branch locations.
- Maintain department and work area to 5S housekeeping standards
- Listen to and follow written and verbal instructions given in the English language.
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to management.
- Be an active participant in continuous improvement activities
- Read, understand and utilize both RF scanners and computers
- Complete work as dictated by customer needs beyond normal shift hours, willingness to volunteer for other areas/shifts.
- Utilize fork lift/power industrial trucks safely, when/if required.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
How will you get here?
- Possess High School Diploma from an accredited higher learning institution or Equivalent
- Possess basic knowledge of English and math and ability to read.
- Ability to navigate and understand basic computer programs
- Work in environment with temperature down to 32 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 40 hours per week.
- Heavy lifting, walk and standing with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist with occasional climbing on footstool.
- Ability to work in cave environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.