Job Title: Site Lead,
Reports To: Sr. Director, Global Operations, Laboratory Analytical Reagents
Location: UK, Loughborough
The Laboratory Analytical Reagents business unit is entering an incredible period of growth, and the Site Lead is a highly visible position that will lead operational excellence at the Loughborough site.
The Site Lead will report to the Sr. Director, Global Operations of Laboratory Analytical Reagents business unit. The role will lead Manufacturing, Production and Logistics to enable a global single point of contact for all operations-related matters. The Site Lead will have strong connection with the Business Unit leaders of the product portfolio and colleagues in similar positions at other locations.
The incumbent leads, directs and develops the operation teams to implement strategic plans, set business goals & objectives and manage resources to optimize performance. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of health and safety compliance, and security of the site and promoting continuous improvement at all times.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for day to day Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost Leadership throughout the Loughborough Global Chemical facility. Instill voice of customer throughout each process to ensure all Operations have the customer requirement in mind, every day for every job.
- Planning & Strategy – Develop annual performance and financial goals. Assist with ongoing development and refinement of the Global Chemicals long term operations strategic plan.
- Responsible for delivery of the AOP and EBITDA for the Loughborough site
- Responsible for the delivery of key metrics for the business as a whole
- Develop and manage departmental budgets and operating budgets including capital expenditure to company timetable.
- Maintain the plant / facility in a manner consistent with the needs dictated:
- Customers Expectations
- Regulatory agencies requirements
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Clean Desk/5S policies & procedures
- Support, coach and develop Value Stream Managers and staff in line with company policy and procedures regarding appraisals, counselling, performance monitoring, salary reviews and personal and EIS development plans. Recruit exceptional talent; Develop succession plans and upgrade the Operations team bench strength; Identify training needs and requirements
- Safety – Drive continued improvements in health and environmental safety to achieve world-class levels. Including all external reporting requirements, site safety training and records, and accident investigation.
- To comply & conform with the environmental and quality policy, procedures and with the requirements of the EMS & QMS and act appropriately with regard to issues affecting impacts on the environment and conforming to product requirements. Assist in achieving environmental objectives and targets.
- Lead the implementation of Thermo Fisher’s continuous improvement methodology (Practical Process Improvement) and the implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques. Responsible for creating and delivering the annual PPI budget and plans, developing the PPI Culture and the sharing of performance and best practice.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, including the Global Chemicals Leadership Team.
Some international travel may be required (up to 10%).
- Scientific or Business diploma /degree.
- 8-12 years’ experience leading a manufacturing operation to a high degree of operational excellence
- Experience working on a COMAH site.
- Experience in a senior leadership role, driving strategic objectives and projects
- Proven track record of driving change across value streams and demonstrated ability to be an effective change agent within a global organization.
- Knowledge about the manufacture, packaging and logistics of hazardous substances preferred.
- Prior experience in chemical or pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Strong demonstrated leadership expertise in global organization. Proven ability to develop a high-performance team.
- Demonstrated leadership implementing operational excellence techniques and initiatives, including lean manufacturing, 5S, continuous improvement, and/or six sigma tools. Proven track record driving significant improvements in operational excellence
- Ability to quickly build rapport and credibility and establish productive working relationships with all levels and functions of the organization
- Apply urgency to issues that require it.
- Driven and self-motivated; Calculated risk taker with a high bias for action that achieves results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player. Ability to generate enthusiasm and build effective working relationships globally.
- Skilled at problem solving and conflict resolution to create a “win-win” mentality and drive results.
- Solid foundation and knowledge of engineering principles, manufacturing methods, materials management, finance and working knowledge of IT and facilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate critical issues.
- Ability to coach & mentor people and effectively work, influence, and negotiate in global cross-functional team settings.
- Strong team building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and upper management.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and qualities
- Absolute integrity and transparency
- Ability to instill confidence within staff, Thermo Fisher Scientific and customers
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join