Job Title: Business Analyst
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Emerging Technologies is engaged in rich Scientific application and platform engineering: Desktop, Enterprise hardened Cloud ready and Cloud applications.
The LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) team works in a fast-paced/agile environment required to deliver value to the customer as rapidly and efficiently as possible. The team collaborates with multiple internal business units, worldwide, delivering Thermo Fisher Cloud and Core Informatics based solutions. The specification and delivery process follows industry-standard scrum-based agile development principles.
Daily Activities Include:
- Gathering and analyzing technical specifications
- Managing product backlog, user stories and cross-product dependencies
- Meeting with customers to understand their use of the Cloud Platform and translating these requirements to product use cases and scenarios
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle
- Understanding long-term product vision and roadmap, translating that into User Stories for the team
- Identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements, and communicate those requirements to the development team.
- Participating in agile activities including product demonstrations, retrospectives, backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Cross check all the requirements are met through extensive domain testing (manual)
- Serve as a customer advocate and ensure quality and usability of our software
- Collaboration with globally distributed teams.
- Act as a proxy product owner bridging the gap between the actual product owners and scrum teams
- Collaborate with other engineers and product managers in the business to understand and provide input to product requirements.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience in working in a laboratory, and is familiar with various techniques in molecular biology and cell biology.
- M.Sc/PhD/MS in Bioinformatics/molecular biology or related areas of discipline. OR Computer science degree with demonstrated experience in molecular biology.
- Ability to review, synthesize, and present scientific data and methods.
- 6+ yrs academic or professional experience with computer programming or scripting as well as a solid understanding of modern software architecture, testing and application of BioInformatics concepts in Software development.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and a commitment to the mission of the institution.
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience in one of the Languages: Python, Perl, Linux/Unix scripting
- Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc). Agile certification is a big plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present technical information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision.
- A good understanding of software development and bioinformatics is a huge plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join