The Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Science Mass Spectrometry Marketing team is looking for a talented and passionate marketer to drive vision, messaging, awareness, and go-to-market strategy. The Senior Global Marketing Manager will develop & execute marketing programs for research mass spectrometry instruments and related software with a focus to address customer needs. This experienced, dynamic manager will be a key member of the Life Science Mass Spectrometry marketing team. This role is responsible for successfully working within a highly matrixed organization to develop global go-to-market strategies and integrated multi-channel marketing plans and to execute on tactical projects to achieve KPI targets and other annual operating plan objectives. This position reports to the Marketing Leader of Life Science Mass Spectrometry products.
We are looking for someone that embraces new opportunities, is motivated by career growth and who challenges themselves to deliver consistent excellence.
- Work with the industry's best technology team to help define the life science mass spectrometry positioning and go-to-market strategy
- Develop strategic marketing plans for assigned area including definition and analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
- Develops strategies to increase usage and/or share position of existing products
- Leads development and planning of high-priority global campaigns, including strategy and execution
- Confirms clear & rationalized positioning statements are in place
- Disseminates deep understanding of solutions, segments, regions & channels using a customer journey framework.
- Defines customer segments, needs, goals & measures, expected ROI and definition and tracking KPIs
- Supports segment solution roadmaps, business case, market requirements, value propositions
- Map needs of target markets and prioritizes which market segments to proactively pursue
- Updates market research regarding the market changes, customer needs and competitive situation.
- Create visionary and compelling internal and external, customer-facing presentations
- Support visionary event marketing experiences, at our events along with third-party events
- Create strong relationships with relevant key opinion leaders and decision makers. Keep abreast of industry trends, pertinent regulations and applicable standards in all focused markets.
- Drive creation of thought leadership content, webinar, and webcasts to evangelize our message
- Manage product launch plans working closely with industry experts and CMD marketing teams to ensure effective and ongoing relevancy in the market to drive demand generation and pipeline
- Partner with a world-class Product Management team to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
- Dream up engaging product demonstrations that are used live, in videos and are the basis for customer engagements in the sales process
- Confidently deliver presentations to audiences of all sizes (ranging from one to hundreds of people)
- Develop effective sales and customer education materials, making it easy for sales and customers to understand our product offerings and positioning
- Partner with division marketing to execute innovative marketing campaigns, SEO, and web design to build pipeline
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- 7+ years of experience developing marketing strategy and implementing marketing plans
- Lifesciences marketing experience highly desired; preferably knowledge in mass spectrometry and routine testing end user laboratory
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Science OR Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing with demonstrated success in segment. MBA strongly preferred.
- Development of product marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Knowledge of: 4Ps, marketing communication mix, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition, messaging and marketing program development and execution, content strategy/marketing, content audit, customer journey maps.
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets (including on-message product demo videos, sharp succinct slide pitch-decks in Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Marketing portfolio with examples showing your writing and presentation style is a plus
- Experience/familiarity with the life science mass spectrometry customer engagement lifecycle
- Exceptionally detail oriented with the ability to thrive in fast moving, ambiguous environment
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive decision making as well as a strong track record of setting and delivering against measurable marketing metrics
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content as well as product launch for high value scientific products
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to work across business lines, presenting to executive leadership and at different levels of management
- Primary and secondary market research expertise
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- Travel is required. (>25%)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join