About the role
The Scientist II, Molecular Biology will take a role in development for internal new product introductions (NPI) as well as Molecular Diagnostic (MDx) assays. The candidate will provide technical expertise on a project and department level and will be expected to integrate into a dynamic and multidisciplinary team. The successful applicant is required to exhibit a results orientated attitude with the ability to thrive in the fast paced environment of biotechnology and MDx. The Scientist II will possess the technical capacity to develop experimental hypotheses, design and perform experiments, analyze data sets, and write protocols and reports. Furthermore, they will be expected to present their findings on a project level to external and business stakeholders. Successful candidate will possess good knowledge of molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, electrophoresis, NGS. Experience with cell culture methods and protein chemistry would be a plus.
- Designs and conducts experiments independently and writes procedures, protocols and reports.
- Exercises independent judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Participates on multifunctional teams and leads small to medium projects.
- Problem solves using knowledge of technical product details, design control and basic regulatory issues.
- Recommends and executes changes to processes, procedures or products internally to the department.
- Possesses strong computer skills and can manage and analyze data sets.
- May lead training and guidance of junior team members.
- Adheres to internal policies and procedures, as well as external quality standards.
- Knowledge of IVD-CE process for MDx and experienced at working at ISO:13485
Qualifications and Experience
Required - Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar (at upper second class level) with 4 years’ experience, or Master’s degree with 3 years’ experience, or fresh Ph.D graduate.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join