IT Analyst (m/f)
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Job ID: 59603BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and over 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The IT Analyst will support local end-users and provide services to other locations within the region – remote and on-site. S/he will install, configure and administer local hardware (incl. peripherals) and server applications in an ESX and Windows environment. The personal will also provide consistent levels of service through SLAs and effective IT support for site business activities.
- Maintain end-user support (2nd / 3rd Level) and system availability within predefined timeframes
- Protect data & system security and data privacy
- Assist with IT projects and roll-outs
- Work in global IT teams and on specific IT subject areas (regional EU, international)
- Update IT management up to date on progress at supported site(s)
- Provide agreed IT services for one or more site(s)
- Monitor and track work orders for meeting SLA, due dates, and other priorities in order to meet customer needs
- Participate in quality improvement tools to solve up common user requests / issues
- Assist with any infrastructure changes to improve performance, cost, or functionality
- Escalate problems as necessary
- Participate in site compliance regarding IT directives, policies and initiatives
- Assist the local business leaders with coordinating business and IT support activities
- Keep track of IT inventory (Hardware, Software Licenses) and validation status
- Maintain IT related documentation
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or comparable
- Good knowledge of Windows O/S and PC/server hardware
- Experience with Microsoft Office product family
- Ability to support with remote tools, antivirus & backup programs, hardware imaging, etc.
- Constant learning attitude to keep broad IT knowledge up to date
- Customer focused attitude
- Good written and verbal communications skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Experience in system integration or comparable experience (MCSE, MCITP, …)
- Good Germany and English language skills (in speaking & writing)
- 3 years’ experience preferably in mid to large sized companies
We are looking forward to receive your application. Please refer to the above Job ID and include your salary expectations as well as your period of notice.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join