Role: Manufacturing & Development Lab Assistant
Division: Lab Chemicals Division
Location: Heysham, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- To undertake all work in accordance with procedures in strict compliance with corporate, legal and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) requirements.
- To undertake manufacturing operations by accurately following written and verbal instructions given by the Team Leader, Shift Leader or a designated supervising chemist.
- To undertake housekeeping duties to maintain the laboratories to the accepted high standards.
- To maintain written records of work carried out in the bench book and other documentation in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- To work in close co-operation with staff both in the department and in all other areas.
- To comply with the requirements of the Environmental Management systems (EMS) and act appropriately with regard to issues affecting impacts on the environment. Assist in achieving environmental objectives and targets.
- To comply & conform with the environmental and quality policy, procedures and with the requirements of the EMS & Quality management system (QMS) and act appropriately with regard to environmental and product conformance requirements.
- Assist in achieving environmental and quality objectives and targets.
- To operate any equipment and conduct your day to duties according to current procedures and appropriate Health and Safety precautions.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities on site.
- To carry out any other duties within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- The production department also operates shift work based on 36 hours per week from 8.00am to 8.30pm Thursday to Saturday with an unpaid interval of 30mins for lunch. The following week Monday to Wednesday on a 36 hours per week from 8.00am to 8.30pm. This is then shift off until the following Thursday.
- Employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the role in line with Company Policy.
- There is an aspect of Manual Handling involved in this role.
- Overtime could be required on an infrequent basis.
- Good basic education with Maths and English GCSE’s or equivalent.
- A qualification in science specifically Chemistry.
- Experience within a chemical environment
Closing date: 31st January 2018
For further information or for an informal chat please contact Noaman Hussain, Recruiter, on 07464 531867 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join