When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Launched in 2011 to enhance customer productivity, ULS is one of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s five premier brands. We provide a single source for integrated lab service, support and supply management. ULS encompasses over 3600 hard-working global service professionals with the broadest service portfolio in the market coupled with access to a deep bench of domain expertise.
How will make you an impact?
This is a Service Platform Strategy Management role with responsibility for leading a companywide project to implement and deploy our new Service Management platform under the Unity Lab Services Division within Thermo Fisher Scientific. To drive platform innovation & strategy to onboard new Divisions & manage internal change initiatives, and monitor, facilitate and improve sufficient communication up / down / across the organization. The business requires a scalable, state-of-the-art Customer Care service management process and system that creates an easier interaction with our customers with additional internal efficiency improvements. Primary responsibilities include developing and implementing a comprehensive service platform transformation strategy, in conjunction with the overall business and technology leadership teams, to drive greater customer value, competitive differentiation, and ensure that Thermo Fisher Scientific builds upon its position as the leading provider in serving science.
What will you do?
- Create, translate and drive the strategic global service strategy for a Service Platform Transformation (Cloud for Service) implementation into executable roadmaps through a Transformation Project to include:
- Customer Care ease-of-use improvements
- Formalize structure and governance
- Establish global process and leading indicators/metrics
- Technology enablement
- Expand knowledge of Capabilities and drive change management success
- Achieve service business process transformation across the Service Platform through standardization founded on best business practices and needs.
- Ensure the entire E2E customer care process is fully Implemented and harmonized with a clean transition to Global Process Excellence for lifecycle ownership and governance
- Leverage enabling technologies connected to our bundle strategy with out of the box capabilities as best practice
- Build a stronger Subject Matter expertise to enable full platform support and ownership
- Foster business and IT collaboration to achieve global service transformation vision across Thermo Fisher Scientific, though a highly matrixed environment
- Enable a more consistent, integrated and scalable customer experience, optimized by consistent processes and supported by common systems
- Own the resource management process for this project and work collaboratively with peers to ensure resources are planned and allocated appropriately and proactively address resource constraints
- Manage Service Platform Product Management strategy across the portfolio and facilitate the discussions to drive plan alignment
- Attract, develop and retain leading talent; promote movement of high potentials across Thermo Fisher
- Responsibility for service master data management including developing and driving the data integrity standards for use by the global business and Cloud for Service application
How will you get here?
- Undergraduate degree required; an MBA or equivalent consulting/working experience is strongly preferred, services background preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive career growth and experience leading a Transformation Office and/or in a business transformation leadership role; experience in life sciences industry preferred
- Outstanding relationship management and influence capabilities
- Experience working in a multinational company with demonstrated ability to lead effectively and drive results in a matrixed management operating environment
- Excellent strategy, planning and execution skills with proven ability to drive results
- Strong industry knowledge of project management principles with a demonstrated ability to adapt approaches and lead global implementations and change management programs
- Effective communicator (verbal, written and presentation), with a demonstrated ability to influence through a straight-forward style of communication with a strong client support orientation and ability to influence across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Highly developed business acumen; an ability to recognize opportunities and capitalize on them
- Ability to understand, analyze and assimilate complex issues, draw correct conclusions and formulate clear strategy and policies
- Able to travel up to 40% domestically, Europe and Asia
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join