Tender Coordinator- 8 month Fixed Term Contract
Division: Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Contribute to the smooth running of the Sales Order Processing Department by supporting the UK Sales Teams in achieving the UK Sales Team’s targets, resulting in increased sales; CAS score and higher level of customer service for Thermo Fisher Scientific CMD/CAD.
This is to be achieved by completion and timely submission of responses to tenders, including any post tender revisions and managing the process of preparing orders for processing where a contract is awarded.
The jobholder is to provide excellent customer service and maintain a high level of customer contact and will embrace and live Thermo 4I values.
1 Tender Co-ordination
- Assist Senior Tender Executive with implementing and maintaining a “library” which houses all relevant information which may potentially be required e.g.: financial reports, certificate of incorporation, PPQ’s etc.
- Assist with the preparation of orders for processing where Thermo Fisher Scientific is the successful bidder, including checking PO against quote, ensuring T&Cs are agreed, collating all necessary information (3rd party quotes etc.) and passing over to Sales Order Processing desk.
2. Record Keeping
- Assisting with logging of all tenders issued.
- Updating of spreadsheet to ascertain hit rate together with monitoring reasons for losses – liaison with salesperson required – produce monthly report to discuss with Senior Tender Executive and Commercial General Manager.
3. Provide support to the Sales Order Processing Team
- Help with generation of quotes as and when require
- Regular updating of Quote Generation Form, when required.
4. Team Working
- To encourage mutual respect and co-operation within your departmental team and those of other departments.
- To encourage the motivation of the team by giving effective feedback, and developing/maintaining a positive attitude.
- To work effectively with members of other departments to achieve the Company’s goals.
5. Skills and Knowledge
- To continue to acquire and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure continuing personal growth to meet the needs of the job and the success of the business.
- Report to the Senior Tender Executive on a daily basis to agree deadlines, receive advice and guidance and to provide reports on progress.
- External contacts with customers and potential customers.
- Regular departmental contact with sales team and warehouse for timely and efficient handling and dispatch of tenders
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels and functions.
- Demonstrates strong organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- The ability to work in a busy and pressurised environment
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong IT skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Contact Elena Lambrianides directly if you have any questions- email@example.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join