Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Reports To: Operations Manager
Position Location: L’Amettla
Number of Direct Reports: 4
Day/Shift: As Required
- Ensure that personnel in their charge correctly adhere to Company and Departmental rules regarding timekeeping, flexitime, holiday approval and discipline etc. by maintaining individual personnel absence records.
- Control the movement of goods through the warehouse, ensuring that work procedures and practices are maintained and adhered to at all times and that required work rates are met.
- Maintain a high standard of health and safety throughout all areas of the warehouse and be aware of all new safety legislations. Establish and control housekeeping standards within the area.
- Liaise closely with the Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing and other support departments to maintain high level of customer service.
- Communicate between operations staff and management through Team Briefs, measure management information, written reports, presentations, etc.
- Identify training needs, establish and maintain training programmes for all staff. Ensure sufficient familiarisation with the computerised system to enable duties to meet KPIs.
- Responsible for maintaining servicing records for all mechanical equipment in the area. Responsible for the maintenance of stock levels for all materials used within the section.
- Actively seek to improve order turnaround timescales and processes within the section but must be aware of changing requirements of systems and documentation and the effect that changes will have on the warehouse.
- To work within Company quality procedures at all times. Maintain a high standard of customer service and actively participate in PPI projects, the four I’s and other Company initiatives as required.
- Work flexibly across all areas and shifts within Operations and undertake other reasonable duties as may be required by senior manager
Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- Proven warehouse experience including knowledge of all material handling equipment.
- Plan and communicate by giving clear and concise verbal/written instructions and to have the ability to respond to exceptions within the normal working processes and changes to priorities.
- It is essential to have the skills to manage staff to work within all Company standards/procedures and productivity/KPIs and to promote and encourage continuous improvement.
- Computer knowledge and skills to include Microsoft applications and warehouse management systems will be essential as well as proven management and training experience.
- Maintain a high standard of health and safety within the working environment at all time.
- You are required to be smartly presented at all times and have a professional approach when dealing with customers and key stakeholders
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Able to demonstrate leadership/management skills and be flexible within the team.
- Managing Safely
- Ability to motivate, share ideas and recognize the contribution of others.
- Self motivated but able to seek help and support when required
- English language knowledge
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join