As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
As part of a team, a Shift Leader takes the lead in a shift to help deliver organisational and production results in line with the site strategy and specific objectives for the department/team.
- Complete training and competence assessment to acquire all skills necessary to operate, maintain, changeover and troubleshoot the equipment autonomously in your operating area in a safe and quality manner.
- Role-model the Thermo Fisher 4I Values and Operations Competencies and use as a day-to-day guide in your operating area.
- Utilise all available resources to achieve your operating area goals.
- Take accountability for the results in your operating area on your shift.
- Establish and maintain the standards on your shift for safety, quality, appearance, attendance/cover, and other operating systems. Personally role model standards in your area.
- Setting daily direction for in your operating area. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Review of shift results to establish gaps and priorities
- Develop and execute plan to execute maintenance, close-out gaps/problems, and execute systems to deliver shift goals.
- Review and learn from daily activities. Ensure effective communication and relay teamwork within and between shifts.
- Most importantly, support your manager and your team as requested to develop into a strong, autonomous and engaged team:
- Create an environment that encourages openness and team growth.
- Follow your manager’s expectations, set an example, provide meaningful, timely feedback about issues, review and learn to continuously improve your individual performance and business results
- Daily Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of production personnel in achieving company goals for quality, output, safety and cost
- Takes the lead in daily meetings to measure, monitor, problem-solve and improve effectiveness of processes
- Trains personnel in methods and techniques involved in production processes. Identifies training needs
- Constantly looks for ways to improve productivity and processes
- Takes an active role in writing of work instructions
- Assists in CAPA investigation
- Reports on performance and outputs of processes
- Understand the quality standards expected to meet customer requirements. Ensure that their team meets these standards on all manufactured items.
- Ensure that required company procedures for quality assurance are followed, e.g. line opening, testing and inspection, equipment parameters, completing of production records etc.
- Aim to achieve exact product specifications consistently.
- Contribute to action production schedules and organize personnel, equipment and material.
- Strive to meet all production deadlines, prioritizing of tasks and react rapidly to any issues which could result in missing deadlines.
- Observing check points during the process and assisting and overseeing compilation of professional, accurate and completed production records for quality and traceability purposes.
- Resolve problems and report issues that may interrupt work/ process flow
- Assist with Corrective action on non-conformances raised.
- Ensure correct operation of equipment and call for repairs when necessary.
- Ensure that products are packed & labeled correctly by supervising packing, sealing & labelling activities.
- Ensure that finished product is counted accurately and production records are completed in full.
- Train personnel on company procedures, methods and equipment operation.
- Supervise daily cleaning and disinfection of pouring workstations, associated equipment, packing area and floor area.
- Provide information by reporting production performance issues at meetings, by answering questions and responding to requests, including audits.
- Actively seek opportunities for improvement in all aspects of the production area.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel in safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that risks to any employee’s health and safety are identified and appropriate actions are taken.
- Consider, understand and action company plans for controlling/ reducing costs at all levels.
- Set an example on behavior, attendance and safety.
- Lead their team to achieve company targets while promoting healthy levels of motivation among personnel and encouraging involvement, responsibility and performance to the required standards.
Minimum Attributes/ Qualifications:
- Reliable and dependable.
- Communicates Openly - able to communicate effectively within and between teams and is effective in giving and receiving/acting upon feedback.
- Drive for Results - Ability and willingness to learn technical and manufacturing skills.
- Decision Quality - Attention to detail and a systematic approach.
- Problem Solving -Effective in technical and assisting with troubleshooting to find root cause.
- People Managing skills
- The ideal candidate for this position will need to be self-starting, focused on developing their personal and technical skills and should also be able to demonstrate the following skills/capabilities:
- Creating collaborative relationships by developing strong work relationships, displaying integrity and building credibility
- Delivering consistent results by being action oriented and demonstrating follow-through.
- Personally understanding/troubleshooting issues, setting clear priorities
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Qualification and/ or experience in Biotechnology/ Microbiology. Media preparation experience will be an advantage.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Reliable and dependable
- Communication Openly - able to communicate effectively within and between teams.
- Ability and willingness to learn technical skills
- Attention to detail and a systematic approach
- Effective in technical and assisting with troubleshooting to find root cause.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join