The Junior Contracts Specialist, will support all phases of the contract lifecycle for customer and supplier contracts in the Clinical Next Generation Sequencing and Genetic Sciences divisions, with an emphasis on Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, consulting agreements and the like. With the support of the Senior Contracts Counsel, the Junior Contracts Specialist will work cross-functionally with Legal colleagues (both business and IP), Sales, Operations, and other contract professionals to negotiate and close contracts that meet company policies and legal requirements and achieve profitable growth for the divisions he/she supports. The Junior Contracts Specialist, will also be expected to support the Contracts Attorneys and Contract Specialists with all aspects of their contracts workload.
- Review, draft, and administer contracts in accordance with organizational and departmental contracting policies and procedures, including reviewing templates, providing redlined recommendations, in preparation for negotiations directly with external stakeholders until contracts are completed.
- Escalate legal issues as necessary to Contracts and IP counsel and follow through on such escalations, as well as handling questions on miscellaneous matters and coordinating with Contracts Counsel on general customer questions/requests.
- Execute activities relating to the signing, filing, tracking and managing completed agreements, including performing certain administrative tasks such as electronic contracts management, tracking metrics, photocopying, mailings, and scanning documents.
- Prepare and communicate appropriate summaries or other reports relating to material contract terms and conditions to applicable internal stakeholders.
- Notify leadership of potential contractual non-compliance issues that could have an adverse impact to the company.
- Act as point of contact for internal and external customers on contractual matters to ensure timely review and approval/reconciliation of contract modifications.
- Draft contract amendments.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation using three legal databases (e.g. Contracts Express, eCounsel, iManage)
- Demonstrate and promote the company’s mission, vision and 4I values.
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required:
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communications skills; meticulous attention to detail and sound administrative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight schedules and under pressure in a matrixed environment, work independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgment in critical thinking, troubleshooting, listening and decision-making.
- Distill, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
- Above average word composition and demonstrated knowledge of business law terminology enabling a comprehensive review and commentary of business contracts.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the latest MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and related electronic tools for editing, documenting, tracking and communicating.
- Experience with a contract lifecycle management system.
- Interest in genetic sciences and a desire to learn.
- BS/BA degree required. Paralegal or Contracting Management (e.g. OPCM/CFCM/IACCM) certification preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ of contract management experience (or equivalent paralegal and/or other contracting experience) with proven contract management skills, including experience managing, reviewing, revising and negotiating technology transfer contracts.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join