The Planner I is responsible for Planning and scheduling activities involving assigned products/product lines. The Planner I will act on ERP recommendations and exceptions, internal business knowledge (SIOP, Forecasts), current inventory levels and product lead times. This person will also be responsible for meeting key metrics and goals to ensure stated service and inventory levels are maintained while minimizing backorders.
- Associate’s Degree in business or other analytical discipline preferred, relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 1+ years of manufacturing or operations experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to read, comprehend, and write correspondence and reports
- Must be able to communicate effectively with multiple levels of staff throughout the organization
- Strong analytical skills, combined with practical business acumen
- Demonstrated ability building relationships across various functional teams
- Knowledge of forecasting, inventory management, and production planning
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Strong proficiency in ERP systems. Knowledge of AS400/PRMS and Oracle is a plus
- Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager
- Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience
- Ability to thrive in a matrix and cross-functional team environment
- APICS certification and familiarity with Class A Supply Chain certification is a plus
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join