About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Senior Account Manager Life Sciences Nederland: Leiden-Utrecht
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. for a Life Sciences Sales Representative to join our field based team in the Netherlands.
Role is responsible for driving growth with the following product ranges within the Life Science Research market: Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Gibco, Pierce, Fermentas, Ambion, Molecular Probes and Novex. The role also includes responsibility for demoing and selling low throughput real time machines PCR machines
In addition to driving growth in the areas, the role also includes lead generation for product areas such as flowcytometry, synthetic biology, stem cell and microscopy. The successful candidate will be a real team player, have a proven track record of hitting plan year on year and outstanding account management skills.
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software.
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, best practices etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily.
- Native-level Dutch of and fluent in English.
- BA/BS, preferred higher degree in Life Sciences.
- 80% Field and 20% home office based
- General knowledge of assigned product portfolio and/or customer segment required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to many diverse customer audiences and influencers in Dutch and English.
- Develop analytical and business planning skills.
- Strong capabilities to interface effectively with all customer types.
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility and motivation in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment.
- Develops platform, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Job encounters diverse work situations involving a moderate degree of complexity.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs required
- Valid drivers license
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join