When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of over $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
A rare opportunity has arisen at Thermo Fisher Scientific for an ambitious driven individual to join the Financial Planning & Analysis Team as a Senior Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to develop and lead a senior team within an exciting and flourishing industry sector and work for a leading global Life Science organisation.
This position within the EMEA Commercial Financial Planning & Analysis team is designed to bring a high level of analytical experience coupled with the ability to provide leadership to the consolidations team to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of key commercial forecasting, planning and reporting activities. Reporting straight line into the Finance Director this position will join an established and experienced team. It is essential the successful candidate contributes from day one therefore we are looking for someone that that has ideally been in a finance management role previously.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of finance professionals
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of key finance consolidation activities to support the Commercial Sales function and Global Commercial Finance team
- Provide advice and guidance to business on all finance related matters, ensuring consistency and compliance with Global Finance requirements
- Work across the boundaries of IT, Sales Ops & FP&A to drive the effectiveness and accuracy of reporting within the team
- Complete special projects as requested
- Strong commercial awareness and judgment expertise
- Management level people leader experience in a finance function, ideally FP&A
- Ability to influence and strategically partner with individuals of various educational and technical backgrounds.
- Advanced Systems experience: MS Excel, Hyperion & CMR
- Modelling / forecasting experience
- University level qualification in Finance related Degree, Statistics, Economics or Maths
- Strong attitude toward problem-solving and data-driven change management.
- Flexibility, entrepreneurial spirit, positive “can do” attitude.
- Team player and customer oriented.
- High degree of accuracy / attention to detail
- Ability to organise multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
- Experience working in a large global corporate environment
- Good presentation skills is a plus
- A desire to add value and providing a valuable contribution to the wider business.
- A proven track record of building relationships at all levels within the organization
- Cognos experience
- MS Access experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join