Responsible for facilitating and managing Heysham site engineering requirements to ensure smooth running and efficient operation.
- Responsible for maintaining the site in a good state of repair and appearance including all buildings and facilities, roads and pathways and grounds.
- Undertake emergency repairs and initiate routine planned preventative maintenance programmes Ensure all tasks are recorded and managed through management systems.
- Ensure all statutory inspections are planned and conducted within required timescales.
- Liaise with external suppliers, services and contractors where appropriate necessary.
- Manage all contractors on site, ensuring that the site health and safety requirements are adhered to, monitor their performance and inspect completed work.
- Undertake routine inspections of the site including daily maintenance checks.
Assist in the preparation of maintenance and capital expenditure projects/work plans; liaise with contractors.
- Be aware of the location of essential services including water isolation valves, fire points, drainage systems, gas and power supplies. Maintain a detailed site plan showing the location of these.
- Work closely with EHS Manager to ensure fire systems are routinely tested and maintained and appropriate records kept and all related policies and procedures
- Work closely with EHS manager to ensure the site complies with all current legislation and future EHS legislation.
- Actively participate in the Health and Safety Committee.
- Manage cleaning team as a main point of contact for cleaning contractors.
- To comply with the requirements of the EMS and act appropriately with regard to issues affecting impacts on the environment. Assist in achieving environmental objectives and targets.
- To comply & conform with the environmental and quality policy, procedures and with the requirements of the EMS & QMS and act appropriately with regard to issues affecting impacts on the environment and conforming to product requirements. Assist in achieving environmental and quality objectives and targets.
- To operate any equipment and conduct your day to duties according to current procedures and appropriate Health and Safety precautions.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities on site.
- To carry out any other duties within the employees skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the role in line with Company Policy.
- There is an aspect of Manual Handling involved in this role.
Require an engineering or building services based qualification up to HNC level or equivalent.
Proven experience within similar industry with project and facilities management.
Experience within a chemical and manufacturing environment.
Proficiency in use of I.T programmes (use of Auto CAD Professional)
Strong and professional communication style as will be coordinating will all departments across site and external bodies
Accurate attention to detail
Ability to solve problems with an analytical approach
Ability to build professional relationships
Ability to manage and prioritise heavy workload
Excellent negotiating skills required
Ability to work in a team
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join