Inventory Management - Team Leader
Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Allentown|US - Pennsylvania - Swiftwater
- Leads a team of on-site staff. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff’s performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on the 4-I values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including staff meeting or exceeding service levels and through monitoring of the performance, productivity, attendance records and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI’s, tracks trends, and implements best practices.
- Communicates ULS capabilities presentations at customer’s business review meetings;
- Grows the business at new and existing customer sites.
- Conducts site audits
- Responsible for all facets of inventory management
- Maintains RIMS data including building stockrooms, adding/deleting part records, establishing and maintaining max values and reorder points.
- Reviews and expedites backorder reports to prevent stock-out situations
- Works with inventory planner to evaluate usage/trend reports and adjust inventory levels, as necessary.
- Supports Practical Process Improvement and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service.
- Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
- Prepares and reviews various operational reports and individual associate performance reports. Manages all transactions within RIMS including scanner uploads, web orders, receipts, replenishments and reports.
- Performs inventory adjustments to facilitate cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Is responsible for managing returns of product from remote stocking areas to distribution centers.
- Performs RGAs within the mainframe to support returns within RIMS stockrooms.
- Coordinates inventory requirements with sales, Managed Services, distribution centers and buyers.
- Maintains variance reports to ensure proper fiscal controls.
- Provides application support to remote site specialists, as needed.
- Processes regular and special request orders
- Executes third party and specialized chemical orders in accordance with established service level agreement
- Stock Room - Orders and maintains lab consumable stock room(s).
- Converts supplier and/or competitor items to Fisher items where possible
- Provides quotations to the customer, as needed
- Strives to understand and meet customer needs
- Proactively addresses customer issues or problems
- Manages backorders as required; may include determining item status, expedite and facilitate shipments, communicate delivery dates and order status
- Recommends process improvements, communicates with direct supervisor any customer issues or potential problems
- Maintains key performance indicators reports and recommends improvements
- Resolves customer issues in a timely fashion
- Provides superior service to the customer RGA Management: Executes Product returns and credits process
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality for both customer and ThermoFisher Scientific
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure business requirements are met
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Inventory or Order Management experience
- Intermediate level user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
- Supervisory/people management experience
- Experience in Regulated Industry
- Knowledge of RIMS and/or Mainframe
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Be able to lead, coach and motivate a large group of employees across several sites
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer centric orientation
- Advanced written and communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Organized with a bias towards action
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join