Position: Research & Development (R&D) Technician – Drug Development
Position Location: East Grinstead
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Microbiology Division (MBD) sits within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group. Our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
The East Grinstead site manufacture products including our Sensititre product range. The Sensititre plate is used for bacterial testing of samples to determine the best treatment or therapy for patients.
Headed by the R&D Manager, the team is comprised of an R&D Project Leader and three Drug Development Technicians. The team typically undertake around 12 drug developments per year as well as a range of other R&D projects.
The R&D drug development activities centre on the development of new and novel drugs enabling our clients to undertake clinical trials; and for our manufacturing to develop different custom products for our clients to help make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- You will carry out all aspects of both manual and autoread drug developments including:
- Wet and dry plate manufacture
- MIC and bioassay testing
- Solution stability and IVDD
- Result analysis
- Methods for production implementation
- Managing internal and external stakeholders requirements, you will provide regular reporting and documentation updates
- You will undertake algorithm implementation and all aspects of data collection including:
- Plate manufacture and software
- Dry vs. wet testing
- Culture collection monitoring
- Specimen data and well difference reports
- Managing validation and verification projects within R&D, you will oversee the full lifecycle from writing protocols to organising final sign-off
- An excellent problem solver, you are comfortable using a range of research sources to troubleshoot
- You are adept at working independently to manage and successfully meet project deadlines
- With good written and verbal communication skills, you are able to tailor your communication to your audience
- Good knowledge of microbiological testing and managing different bacteria gained either through education or experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join