When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Product Services Manager oversees the day-to-day activities of all members of the Product Services team with specific responsibilities of managing and delegating the daily workload that cycles through the department. This role is also responsible for overseeing large, strategic projects such as New Item and Annual Supplier Pricing.
- Manages daily activities of Coordinator and Analyst team, including delegating item maintenance, new item requests, special projects, weekly reports and price roll duties.
- Ensures continuous workflow within the department, timely completion of projects and continuous assessment of training and staffing needs.
- Acts as liaison with other departments, such as Product Management, Purchasing, Inventory Policies, Pricing and Regulatory to improve internal processes and work with these teams on data cleansing initiatives.
- Supports Annual Supplier Pricing project by creating project plans, training documents, presentations, daily reports as well as leading status update calls with all divisions of Product Management and Canada Product Services.
- Works with the Product Analyst to ensure departmental procedures and SOPs are updated.
- Collaborates with global counterparts to leverage existing processes and support future improvements, specifically around supplier pricing, new item creation and item maintenance.
- Coordinates training of new and experienced Product Coordinators on new, current and developing functions.
- Develops and maintains team metrics in order to measure accuracy, timeliness and productivity of the team.
- Acts as the Pricing AS/400 administrator completing routine maintenance, monthly/quarterly reporting and troubleshooting.
- Manages and directs coordinators through training, annual performance reviews and daily feedback.
- Responds to requests for assistance and projects as necessary to satisfy internal and external customers.
- Provides appropriate back-up support for Director on special requests and projects.
- 3+ years of experience with Fisher Scientific product data and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science or related discipline, as well as a High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient with company systems, including mainframe, AS/400 and Cognos.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical, project management and planning skills.
- Strong technical skills with proficiency with Excel/Access-based tools are required as well as familiarity with Oracle databases and web-based applications.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proven track record of working under tight deadlines and demonstrating flexibility with priorities.
- Attentiveness to accuracy and detail.
- Effective time management and decision-making skills.
- Customer service oriented.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join