Currently our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division within our Analytical Instruments Group has a current need for a Contracts Specialist II. This position may be remote, but the ideal candidate will live within the area of our Madison, Wisconsin facility or San Jose facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review, draft, negotiate and administer various types of sales related documents (i.e., Purchase Orders, Purchase Agreements, Service Contracts, RFQs, RFPs, NDAs etc.) for compliance with corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
• Possess a working knowledge of the legal, financial, regulatory and business risk in sales order, contract and subcontract terms and conditions and must be able to communicate these exposures effectively and efficiently to company decision makers, when necessary.
• Should understand the basics of commercial sales such as pricing, delivery, warranty and payment terms, as well as legal terms with regard to liability issues, including indemnification, insurance and limitation of liability.
• Must be familiar with review and how to respond to applicable topics in a request for quotation (RFQ), request for proposal (RFP) and the like.
• Must be able to propose alternative contract terms acceptable to the company when customer and company terms and conditions differ.
• Interface with various groups like sales, order management, legal, finance, etc. and across the entire Thermo Fisher Scientific organization
• Maintain centralized contract files and a centralized database of reviewed and negotiated agreements and bids.
• Support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and participate in initiatives as required
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in business or legal related field
• Minimum five (5) years experience contract negotiation and/or proposal preparation experience
• Good judgment in balancing business and commercial needs and potential risks/exposures with customer requests.
• Commercial and Government contracting experience
• Experience in Life & Laboratory Sciences and / or Healthcare industries desired
• Detail oriented with a high degree of integrity, intensity and involvement
• Demonstrated ability to work within tight schedules and under pressure, both independently and as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative / integrative style of working to reach common goals and objectives
• Must be flexible and receptive to change in the workplace
• Good communication skills both written and oral
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and familiar with SAP
• Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join