Thermo Fisher Scientific's Analytical Instruments Group's Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division has a current opening for an Order Administrator (Customer Service Rep). This position can be located at our Sunnyvale, CA facility or our Madison, WI facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Respond and generate quotes for Sales Rep or bids requests.
- Coordinate all necessary information to respond to an RFP including but not limited to certificates of insurance, field quotations, safety questionnaires, terms and conditions.
- Review orders to identify if commercial terms are consistent with Thermo’s standard acceptable commercial terms (payment terms, freight terms, liability etc.) as outlined in SID’s Terms & Conditions procedure. Ensure pricing complies with GSA and other applicable price lists.
- Ensure all completed orders are invoiced as applicable.
- Understand and comply with process work instructions and ISO procedures when processing bids, quotes, orders and invoices.
- Understand non-compliance implications.
- Effectively resolve customer issues in a timely manner. Ensure communication of resolution is clear.
- Maintain customer order files are accurate and per current archival procedures.
- Assist in maintaining customer master ship-to and bill-to addresses in the ERP system.
- Assist with resolution of A/R collection issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Decision Making Authority
- Authorize to use other departments and managers for assistance to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Authorized to assist customers, internal and external, within departmental and corporate policies and procedures.
- Review and code orders correctly to ensure accurate management reports and customer invoices.
- Authorized to hold/reject customers contracts/purchase orders if not received within the Minimum Purchase Order Criteria, Export Management System, pricing and sales tax requirements.
Specific Scope Data
- Ensure purchase order terms and conditions are in compliance with both Thermo and ISO processes and procedures.
- Review and maintain department metrics to ensure accurate management reports.
- Adhere to and comply with U.S. government export requirements to prevent loss of Enforce GSA contract policies and procedures to ensure no termination of contracts, fines and/or penalties.
- Evaluate department procedures for process improvements.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Degree or GED is required.
- At least one year of experience working in a customer service related role.
- Professionalism and courtesy demeanor is important for this position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail orientated
- Quick learner, initiative, self motivated, ability to work within time/quality constraints
- Strong analytical, multitasking, and problem solving skills
- SAP experience preferred
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join