When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
How will you make an impact?
The Molecular Biology Product Specialist manages a geographic region and is responsible for maintaining and growing business through professional sales calls via telephone and coordination of digital marketing for key markets. They will establish strong business relationships with our current and future client base to increase profitable sales growth and territory penetration for consumables and equipment within the Molecular Biology portfolio.
What will you do?
- Achievement of assigned territory sales goals by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via email and phone to support products within the Molecular Biology Business Unit.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Research accounts, using historical data and trends to find new business opportunities
- Develop new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound networking.
- Nurture existing customer relationships with a particular focus on increasing overall revenue and reagent attachment with customers using both existing and newly placed platforms.
- Make outbound telephone calls to all organizational levels and functional areas where purchasing decisions are made. Communicates key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer direction within the organization. Maintain appropriate records and process equipment demos, sample requests per Company guidelines
- Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely and complete manner while maximizing productivity during key selling time. Meet all sales call objectives. Develop organizational skills necessary to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Achieve daily customer phone contact objectives to deliver sales presentations to address customers’ research needs and increase sales.
- Understand competitive landscape within accounts and be able to provide like or better products from the Company portfolio. Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Gathers, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback via weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Work closely with Technical Sales Specialists, Account Managers and Distribution reps to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- Develop territory business plan and frequently update according to business and market changes.
- Prioritize daily actives effectively with good time management skills.
- Accept and adapt to change quickly while remaining effective and efficient.
- Special Projects as requested
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in the sciences.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and presentation communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative and good business judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to effectively learn and utilize on-line CRM application and social media resources to grow territory.
- Organized, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the Company
- The employee must occasionally lift objects up to 50 lbs as well as maintaining assigned equipment and tools provided by the Company in clean and working condition.
- Be able to travel as needed for required meetings and customer visits (<10%). This may include a variable work schedule to accommodate customer availability.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance and acceptable driving record
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join