When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for a territory based in Southern California, ideally in or between Los Angeles, and San Diego, and which also incudes, but is not limited to, Nevada, and Arizona. Travel expectation is up to 85%, often with less than 1 days' notice via car or airplane.
How you will make an impact:
This role is integral to executing on a support/service strategy and providing an exceptional customer experience through best practices. The role's focus is on the holistic care of instrumentation within the allergy and autoimmune diseases in the in-vitro diagnostics space. This role delivers service, and repair work on the highly complex and fully integrated sytems placed in hospitals, and commercial laboratories.
What will you do:
- Systems installations, troubleshooting, service and repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance, and manage regional preventative maintenance schedules.
- Complete assigned service calls, and manage accounts within a regional customer base.
- Provide onsite service training to BioMedical Engineering Technicians (BMET) or advanced operators.
- Manage expenses and spare parts inventory.
- Document daily service actions through the company work order database.
- Assist fellow Field Service Engineers with more complex installations, and repairs.
How will you get there?
Associates Degree required.
- Strong competency in electrical/electronics, mechanics, software, and chemistry technology.
- Ability to communicate well, especially when interfacing with customers, in a positive, professional manner.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ work experience in a related field.
- Computer skills, an analytical thinker, and an aptitude for engineering will ensure success.
- Some field service experience is a plus.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision (more supervision if assigned to the home office).
- Action oriented- takes on opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Strong Customer Focus - builds strong relationships and delivers customer-centric service.
- Plans and aligns work to meet committments aligned with organizational goals.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, push and pull equipment, and carry up to 50 pounds a distance of 100 feet.
- Must be able to stand, bend, and/or kneel for up to two hours at a time.
- Some exposure to biohazards is a possibility during the course of instrument repair, as these instruments are used in biohazard environments, and come in contact with human bodily fluids. Biohazard training, safety equipment, and following SOP's will minimize the exposure.
- Ability to travel up to 85% of time.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, and successfully complete our background verification.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma, and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join