When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Healthcare Market Division (HMD) offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians’ offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division is based in Houston, Texas and manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
This position will be based in our Houston, TX location.
How will you make an impact?
The Product Manager Specialist is responsible for market and opportunity analysis, assist in strategy development, and tactical execution plan for selected HMD products including partnerships in key ares such as Abbott rapid Diagnostics, Becton Dickinson, Thermo Scientific Anatomical Pathology, Thermo Scientific GSD and others.
What will you do?
- Work closely with partner marketing organizations to ensure optimal positioning and sales of partners’ products through HMD Sales.
- Responsible for tactical aspects of revenue, market share, and margin targets associated with these products.
- Handle pricing, profitability analysis, and promotion in working with field sales and significant excel data mining.
- Manage multiple competing priorities, resolve supplier issues on a regular basis, manage supplier relationships, and respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner.
- Understands current and future market trends for tactical implementation of programs
- Supports and works closely with Sales to identify and develop opportunities
- Tactically executes marketing and promotional activities to increase sales
- Writes product communications
- Analyzes media opportunities for marketing and negotiating the purchase of media time/space.
- Works closely with key vendors on tactical programs
- Assists and works to identify product line extensions
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in science or business discipline preferred
- 1-2 Years sales experience in medical products, clinical diagnostics, or scientific products
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills are mandatory
- Some industry and product knowledge
- Understands and communicates new materials
- Creative and detailed in work
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Sets and meets deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred familiarity with laboratory diagnostics in the hospital setting and non-hospital labs.
- Solid understanding of the diagnostics market, including trends and competition.
- Strong work ethic, leadership, motivation and interest in developing career
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative, autonomous individual who can manage multiple priorities and work well with field sales
- Must be willing to travel 10-15% of the time
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join