When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Independently performs, verifies, and provides feedback on complex and varied services (registration, delivery, pick-up, and tracking of hazardous materials) for a varied client base. Duties include:
- Reviewing, creating, and maintaining of company data log sheets
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOPs & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager regarding daily duties
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems
- Pickup of hazardous waste
- Assisting in registration of chemicals into a chemical database
- Delivery of chemical packages within a laboratory environment
- Sustaining and maintaining of chemical stockroom inventory
- Ordering of stockroom supplies
- Providing customer support to clients
- Performing Area Audits of cross-functional areas within ULS
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well-being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues
- Listen to customer concerns, effectively diffuse dissatisfaction, and quickly identify course of action with first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Attend required training sessions
- Participate in projects and perform all other duties as assigned
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate’s degree
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customers and Thermo Fisher
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Adapt to flexible and changing schedule in short notice
- Ability to self-manage and operate independently
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Display high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate sense of urgency
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- May be required to work independently at customer location
- Extensive walking may be required
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join