At Fisher BioServices, we specialize in the management of critical biological materials in support for the advancement of cell therapy, high value biologics, and population‐based public health research. We provide customized end‐to‐end chain of custody solutions for our large pharmaceutical clients and partners in academia and government, ensuring the integrity and efficacy of their valued material from the manufacturer to the bedside. Fisher BioServices is a brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and member of the BioPharma Services Division. To learn more please visit www.fisherbioservices.com.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for supporting Operations Management in planning the demand for studies and internal projects associated with multiple government-contracted biorepositories. Responsibilities include: Gathering study requirements and develop study outlines for all existing contracts. Working with Management to assess project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals. Tracking progression of projects/studies and advise Management on potential resource under-/over-runs. Interacting with other functional groups to ensure project timelines and requirements are being met. Collecting data for, and assisting in, creating progress reports. Maintaining up-to-date schedules and Dashboards for reference and approval by Operations Management in order to execute tasks and meet milestones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers study/project requirements to create customer/project specifications/outlines for reference by staff members.
- Plans shipments, receipts, labeling and laboratory processing tasks by maintaining a scheduling tool to support the Operations Supervisor.
- Create an up-to-date tool for communicating resource availability and assigned tasks, inclusive of a Dashboard.
- Assist in improving productivity by proposing a balanced workload for supervisor approval.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, providing an agenda, for all required stakeholders.
- Track IATA/DOT Corporate Training Due Dates.
- Monitor all Outlook Shared Mailboxes applicable to the Operation to ensure a timely response (within 24 hours). Notify supervisor of any required actions.
- Identify operational bottle necks and work in coordination with the Financial Analyst and Supervisor to troubleshoot.
- Generate quarterly capacity utilization reports for storage units.
- Ensure supply availability is on track for delivery in coordination with buyer.
- Perform vendor coordination for storage unit maintenance and repair to schedule service, coordinate service date and ensure proper personnel are available for escort.
- Review and Comprehend SOW and expected deliverables.
- Track and analyze monthly supply inventory turns in coordination with supply tracking team.
- Work with Financial Analyst to efficiently plan labor hour usage and support budget and AOP goals.
- Establishes and maintains consistent, effective interactions with Management team, as well as internal and external parties (other departments, clients, study sites, etc.), to ensure maximum performance on contracts.
Basic Minimum Qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty.
- Requires proven ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated experience communicating directly with clients and collaborating with other internal functional groups.
- Advanced PC and Windows Office skills; previous Inventory Management System and Microsoft Excel and Project experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4-5 years of progressively responsible work experience.
- Requires previous repository/laboratory experience.
- Prefer 1+ years work experience in project management/planning.
Certificates and/ or Licenses:
- IATA Dangerous Goods Training for Class 6.2 Shipping.
- Blood Borne Pathogens Training.
None; may assist in training of peers.
8AM to 5PM core hours with additional hours as required. May be required to work non‐traditional work week or work hours.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work in a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, marked changes in temperature.
- Must use personal protective equipment and adhere to safety protocols.
- Must be able to use a computer up to 6 hours per day.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join