When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
As the Key Account Executive - Channels you will be responsible for selling Drugs of Abuse/Toxicology diagnostic reagents and capital equipment to our highest volume distribution accounts to achieve annual growth goals, and will play an active role in the development of our field sales Account Managers.
You will take ownership of developing and implementing a tactical sales plan to support a defined channel strategy, the management of contract performance, developing forecasts, building relationships with key customers, executing business reviews, and collaborating with territory account managers to grow our business. The individual in this role will need to make recommendations to leadership about future strategies and be self-motivated to propose new ideas. The end-users of these distributor accounts primarily includes customers in the Criminal Justice, Reference Laboratory, Hospital and the Physician Office Laboratory segments.
Leveraging advanced selling skills, your time will be dedicated to raising the business and selling acumen of Account Managers who are calling on end-user accounts. Your ability to train, mentor and demonstrate peer leadership will elevate the success of our collective sales organization. You will report directly to the National Sales Manager and collaborate closely with Sales Supervisors, Account Managers and stakeholders within business functions. This new role with Thermo Fisher Scientific further creates an opportunity for you to join an organization with exceptional career opportunities and create real-world impact.
What will you do?
- Responsible for growing existing and prospective distributor account sales of the company’s products to achieve growth targets
- Owns distributor account customer relationships
- Leverages channel strategies to create and implement a clear tactical plan
- Negotiates and aligns customer and internal organization needs to create a win-win partnership
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills by offering customers insight regarding mutually beneficial market opportunities
- Leverages contract performance and pricing assessments to conduct customer business reviews; ultimately aligning upon and driving outcomes to optimize performance
- Develops account forecast proposals to project sales from new and existing customers, and champions resolution to possible back-orders situations
- Communicates effectively and timely to organization about distributor account activity to enable pull-through sales
- Provides competitive market updates and summarizes market intelligence for internal stakeholders
- May attend various trade shows and assist in booth staffing and connect with key buying influences
- Coaches & develops territory Account Managers to elevate acumen related to, but not limited to strategic account management, account workflow, identifying growth opportunities, matching solutions to customer needs and overcoming obstacles
- Serves as a role model of the company culture by practicing and being a role model to the 4”I” values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer records through SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM and other regular report
- BA or equivalent
- 6 or more years of sales experience with demonstrated success in the medical diagnostics or similar market
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Direct sales training responsibilities or ability to demonstrate successful application of mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to travel without limitation. Minimum travel is greater than 60%
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills that coincide with the ability to implement complex selling strategies and plans
- Excellent verbal written communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications
- Superior relationship-building and ability to collaborate with others to achieve outcomes
- Proficient with SFDC CRM, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Proven successful sales experience. Must be able to show success with individual sales as well as collaborating with sales team peers
- Skillful at teaching selling skills, mentoring and coaching others to achieve results
- Position will require frequent communication, walking, sitting and standing.
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join