Responsibilities of the job include:
- Meet and exceed financial targets for bookings, revenue, material margin, gross margin, pricing, inventory control, expense control, receivables, and EBITA for the site
- Work closely with other departments to meet goals – Key Account Sales, Service, Product Management, Marketing Communications to ensure growth of product sales and service performance; Finance to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financials and so on
- Enable R&D team in new product development/improvement project
- Lead from the front on PPI methodology and introduce Lean Manufacturing
- Provide leadership on production planning, production processes, inventory & logistics management
- Work towards improving product, delivery & service quality thereby driving towards higher CAS scores
- Work closely on reviewing customer orders, acceptance and communication with customers and sales team. Ensure timely fulfilling of orders
- Enable a quality driven mind-set across the site and provide leadership towards setting quality benchmarks with focus on continuous improvement. Should be able to drive "Quality at Source" and "Zero defects thinking". Knowledge and implementation of IPQ 90 will be advantageous.
- People Management
- Recruit, train, coach and guide people in the area of production, planning, order processing and shipments
- Play active role in supporting service team as necessary for critical installations & services
- Provide guidance and leadership in Vendor / Subcontractor development & due diligence
- Further enable the quality standards by ensuring repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Implementation of innovative approach to connect with the clients in close collaboration with Marketing and product management teams to enhance the top-line
Strategic orientation on the following :
- Commercial acumen
- Strategic ability to conceptualize innovative ways to enhance top-lines for the products manufactured at the site while being able to manage the bottom-lines by effective utilization of resources
- Understanding of the annual planning process, delivery and adherence to the same for the site. Monitoring Forecast accuracy
- Manage the internal and external environment for a production site with strict adherence to company’s code of Ethics & Compliance
- Ability to enhance productivity and optimum utilization of resources
- Exposure to Production and Inventory Management
- Effective delivery execution via management of lead times across the production cycle
- Understanding of ISO and quality audits & adherence to the same
- Understand the overall site & plant compliance frameworks and play provide leadership in enabling the same
Key Requirements and qualification
- University degree, preferably in Engineering, advanced degree preferred. Additional commercial qualification would be an advantage
- 15-20 years of experience in a leadership role within an operational environment, with sizeable experience in managing production site independently. Should come with a proven track record of building strong relationships and creating success with demonstrated leadership
- Analytical instruments, chemical, pharmaceutical or other related industry experience with multiple products lines knowledge and experience in the manufacturing, packaging, supply chain with P&L responsibilities. Experience in Gas chromatography and Analytical instruments would be a preferred option.
- Experience in leading the implementation of operational excellence techniques such as Lean manufacturing, 5S, PPI or continuous improvement/six sigma tools. Demonstrated history of driving performance improvements with teams and various operating processes
- Exceptional leadership and coaching skills. Proven ability to develop a high-performance team and to get things done through collaborative and leadership approach.
- Lean conversion experience (Value Stream Mapping, Standard work/ playbooks, Material Planning, visual management and daily management processes)
- Demonstrated success in executing and implementing viable solutions to potential problems in scale-up/manufacturing set-up and being able to generate a high degree of respect from internal and external team members and work associates.
- Experience in working in a matrixed environment. Ability to influence is a must have.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Must have strong metric and analytical focus.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and system/project management skills (Ms project, ERP, Excel, Access, etc..)
- Strong financial & business acumen. Ability to manage P&L and financials
- Technically capable of understanding the product range.
- Goal oriented. Ability of setting and achieving aggressive goals.
- Strong bias for action.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Passionate Team builder with proven people management/leadership skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
Other Key Skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good leadership skills
- People Management skills
- Adherence to our organisational values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Exhibit strong role model leadership
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join