Material Handler Building 1
- Receive and check-in products in a timely fashion upon arrival from vendors and CDC, sometimes working at table/cart heights of approximately 36 inches.
- Sort parcels and materials received or returned and handling appropriately to avoid damage.
- Check parcels and materials received, noting defects or damages.
- Be able to order raw materials for production via internet and Microsoft Access.
- Handle dangerous goods as needed with caution and safety.
- Count items accurately.
- Fill out forms as needed, producing neat handwriting and legible signature.
- Transfer released product from a quarantined location to a shippable bin.
- Stock and space product, reaching up to but not limited to 105 inches high and grasping and gripping. May require use of machinery in receiving.
- Operate forklift according to proper safety guidelines.
- Perform inventory duties as needed.
- Deliver packages received to appropriate REMEL employees.
- Work cooperatively with coworkers and efficiently with little supervision, communicating verbally or in writing any discrepancies.
- Keep work area clean and free of packaging materials.
- Arrive to work on time, work during scheduled work hours and
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management.
- Complete Training:
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion – Thermo Fisher University
- Obtain Certifications: Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
- Lift up to 25 pounds from floor to overhead in resale area using step ladder as needed.
- Lift or maneuver up to 100 pounds in receiving and raw materials areas.
- Push and pull up to approximately 100 pound-forces on pallet jack. Repetition of approximately 15 times per day.
- Walk and stand up to three (3) hours at a time, up to 8 hours a day with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist and occasionally climbing on step stool.
- Push or pull products on a cart with an approximate weight of up to 45 pounds of force to push and 50 pounds to pull.
- Possess High School Diploma from an accredited higher learning institution or Equivalent
- Possess basic knowledge of English and math and ability to read.
- Ability to navigate and understand basic computer programs
- Possess basic inventory skills of product identification and counting.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Work overtime as needed due to customer requirements.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join