- Meet or exceed established sales goals; deliver bookings and revenue commitments in accordance with BU AOP targets
- Prepare expense reports, monthly reports and forecasting of relevant opportunities
- Quickly follow up and qualify leads to determine opportunity status
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of manufacturing department’s production and delivery schedules
- Schedule and conduct product demonstrations to customers using detailed product knowledge and presenting the product first-hand
- Drive visibility and accountability through improved sales pipeline and forecast management processes; leverage modern sales tools like Salesforce, automated incentive tracking, etc.
- Consistently meet project deadlines with CRM database management, forecast/sales reporting
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsible for providing input on the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition and current marketplace – their products, pricing, merchandising techniques, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers
- Identifies and interprets customer’s requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers
- Responsive to customer’s needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them. Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Applies the division’s products to customers’ needs
- Work closely with BU product management teams and make recommendations based on the understanding of marketing and new product plans
- Effectively communicate bookings and revenue outlook to management and the broader organization to ensure visibility into performance and on-time delivery of products and services
- Provide input on preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders
- Follow standard business workflow processes leading to consistent results
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Responsible for discount administration in assigned territory
- Manage controllable expense budget within assigned territory
- Ultimate responsibility for account management in assigned territory
- Lead processes, projects, or initiatives that are critical to the success of the function
- Control department expenses against budget commitments and submit required reports on a timely basis
- Establish and manage on-going procedures/processes for communication of information necessary for accomplishing region objectives
- Responsible for creating and implementing strategies and tactical plans in line with the divisional, regional and area goals.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, with 5 years of related experience; or an Advanced Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences or MBA, with 2-3 years equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis, accurate forecasting ability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Analytical Instrument product knowledge
- Understanding of the professional selling process
- Travel greater than 50%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join