Safety and Controlled Environment Specialist - Sales Representative
The Safety and Controlled Environment Specialist position will focus on selling safety products, and controlled environment products and services to the marketplace in a predetermined number of accounts centralized mainly in Vancouver, British Columbia. The incumbent will be responsible for sales and marketing of Controlled Environment & Safety products within a predetermined geography. He or she will work in tandem with the Safety and Research Account Reps, Industry Directors, Supplier Reps and any other Fisher entity in order to drive sales of CE & Safety products across the assigned territory.
This position will be based in Vancouver and will be remote (work from home/field) with a 20%- 25% overnight travel requirement, depending upon territory geography and business potential.
- 70% Safety Sales Specialist in British Columbia with a majority in Vancouver and surrounding area
- 30% Controlled Environment Specialist across Western Canada as far as Manitoba West
- Oversees CE & Safety business at customers in an current territory of approx 1M to 3M.
- Identify and capitalize on areas of large business potential in the Electronics, Biotech and Pharmaceutical markets.
- Interact with and facilitate knowledge transfer of applications and product attributes to general sales force, Account Mgrs, RVP’s and IDR’s and others.
- Maintains and develop customer relationships.
- Assists with identifying resource needs across multiple locations within geography.
- Assist the end user community in purchasing appropriate products for their applications.
- Act as technical consultant for focus products, as necessary. Prepare and present customer demonstrations and sales calls.
- Assist with RFP process (Proformas, Proposals, Cross-organization coordination)
- Assist with identifying target profitability and assists with implementation plan.
- Forecasts for total CE customer spend and coordination of locations within specific geography.
- Assists with direction to reps on expectations for servicing accounts (visit frequency, special services)
- Reviews CE activity by location, visits individual sites as needed.
- May have specific account maintenance responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strategic selling, negotiating, presentation, analysis and financial project management skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and with our sales force and suppliers.
- Strong technical understanding of cleanroom/controlled environment procedures, theory, and trends.
- Candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Sales leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- BA /BSc
- 3+ years of progressive sales experience or a combination of sales and safety experience
- Distribution and/or manufacturing experience in the CE & Safety industry preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or licensure/certification
- Sales experience with large accounts and territories.
- Belong to (and be a participating active member) in a CE industry association is considered an asset
- Relevant clean room experience is preferred
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join