When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The New Product Development (NPD) Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and continuously improving the processes which turn design-intent drawings into future products which meet our customer's requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO
· This is done through the use of Lean methodologies including value stream mapping, standardized work, continuous flow, material flow, and much more.
· MEs may also specify and/or design tools, equipment, racks, data streams, and fixtures to improve process metrics.
· MEs must be able to work with cross functional teams including Design Engineering, Production, Quality, Materials, Maintenance, Sourcing, etc. to apply root cause analysis tools to develop and implement corrective actions to issues that arise during Qualification and Launch.
· BSME, BSIE, Mechatronics or BSEE degree or higher preferred.
· The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in Lean fabrication and assembly techniques applied to high mix/low volume product families, especially for painted and unpainted metal components, wire harnesses, foaming, brazing, leak checking, and performance validation methods.
· 2D and 3D drafting skills (AutoCAD and Solidworks) preferred.
· Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Working knowledge of computer systems and data processing.
· Occasional travel may be required to visit other Thermo Fisher Scientific locations, vendors, or for training, less than 10%.
• Expertise in Robitics and Mechatronics, for automation of processes, and programming/ integrating PLCs (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Direct Soft) and HMIs (Panel View, C-more, and Pro Designer).
· 1-3 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience preferred.
· Demonstrated experience with scoping project requirements, justifying capital expenditures, and implementing projects which increase Safety, Quality, Capacity, and/or Productivity
· Demonstrated Root Cause Analysis capabilities
Relocation assistance has been approved.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join