Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group
Division: LSG Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial eBusiness
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
We are looking for a driven Scientific Analyst to join our LSG (Life Science Group) team in Carlsbad, CA who is ready to make a difference. Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific we are the leader in serving science, with an eye on becoming the leader in the customer marketing space. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Our customers demand more than ever before. It is our mission to exceed their expectations while at the same time significantly advancing the business profitably.
How will you make an impact!
The Scientific Analyst is responsible for leading product development teams, business and scientific analysis teams, ensuring the teams follow product development best practices, adhere to specific requirements as well as assuring design control, managing program budget and overall execution.
What will you do?
- Manage product workflow by developing and maintaining relations with product managers and product knowledge owners.
- Work independently while also leveraging available resources to meet customer needs. Work effectively with a cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Manage the strategic direction for product recommendation. Develop maps to sales execute strategies and expand business within assigned product focus; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to support sales objectives.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers. Incorporate this data into the business plan
- Introduce new products and services to customers as applicable
- Support multiple sales representatives by providing information specific to life science, including technical information, product recommendations for customer applications, and other life science support
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of product workflows
- Communicate with the business community and the software development team through requirements, design, testing and implementation
How will you get here?
Must have a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in the sciences)
M.S. or PhD preferred or equivalent work experience
- At least 3+ years of experience in the research laboratory industry
- Strong technical and lab experience
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com