Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, managing and maintaining data network system. You will design, deliver and document robust, standards based networks. As a networking professional with a strong technical foundation, the successful candidate will act as a primary technical resource in addressing incidents, service requests, and managing the production network lifecycle. You will provide excellent customer service by making use of technical knowledge, significant experience in IT infrastructure, and an in-depth understanding of TCP/IP and related network technologies.
this role is stationed in Eindhoven at our Materials and Structural Analysis site where we produce and develop high end electron microscopes.
he Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, managing and maintaining data network systems. Thermo Fisher Scientific is a growing international company with regular acquisitions, and integrations which are incorporated into the Thermo Fisher Scientific network and brought up to corporate standards. Currently with over 600 sites the global network is extensive with many different technologies and vendors in use. Part of a global team, this role would be to design, deliver and document robust, standards based networks. As a networking professional with a strong technical foundation, the successful candidate will act as a primary technical resource in addressing incidents, service requests, and managing the production network lifecycle. They will provide excellent customer service by making use of technical knowledge, significant experience in IT infrastructure, and an in-depth understanding of TCP/IP and related network technologies.
- Day-to-day support of the Thermo Fisher Scientific enterprise network (approximately 600 locations worldwide) including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), wireless local area network (WLAN), virtual private network (VPN), firewall, and data center technologies.
- Working directly with our colleagues to understand their business requirements in an effort to ensure networking projects are properly designed and implemented.
- Find opportunities to improve the enterprise network by implementing the network standards that have been established by the Global Networking Services team.
- Ensure the highest possible level of network uptime and availability by proactively monitoring performance, troubleshooting problems and outages, and scheduling upgrades/enhancements.
- Collaborating with the network architects on large scale, business imperative projects and initiatives to optimize the enterprise network.
- Managing and monitoring the work queue in an effort to address customer requests within the established service level agreements.
- Ensuring that all network environments are well documented.
- Reporting network operational status on a regular basis to ensure that management is aware of current project status.
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or similar field or proven work related expertise
- Minimum three years of experience with configuring, deploying, managing, and troubleshooting routers and switches in an enterprise environment.
- Comprehensive, hands on experience with Cisco LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- A strong desire to establishing credibility with fellow engineers through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to break down and analyze communications at the packet level.
- Ability to build strong cross team relationships.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and prioritize multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Current certification such as CCNP, CCDP or CCIE.
- Advanced understanding of dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF.
- Knowledge of ITIL including Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Experience with Load Balancers, Firewalls, WAN Optimization, and/or VPN Concentrators.
- Knowledge of scripting such as Python or Ansible desirable.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join