Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific Baltics, UAB creates, manufactures and distributes molecular biology products for life science research and diagnostics. Products are exported to more than 80 countries.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Baltics, UAB successfully expands its activities and invites to a friendly and more than 750 employees team:
SENIOR STAFF SCIENTIST
- Lead a team of experts focused on transfer to manufacture of highly complex molecular biology solutions.
- Have a strong track record in direct line management, developing talent and delivering to demanding project timelines in an industrial environment.
- Have a solid foundation in molecular biology with a PhD in a closely related discipline whilst also having notable experience in product development.
- Include the line management of Scientists for the execution of product transfer, process V&V support and method development.
- Supervise 6 direct reports and Effectively lead the Product Transfer group.
- Provide technical leadership to Scientists in all related activities.
- Work closely with R&D leadership and operations to implement plans.
- Give effective scientific and strategic presentations to internal stakeholders and executives.
- Deliver on departmental level goals including process improvement and innovation.
Requirements and Experience:
- University degree in molecular biology or related field.
- Strong track record in the transfer of molecular biology products from R&D to manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of process improvement in order to optimize and prioritize activities.
- Strong understanding of relevant scientific fields and is looked upon as an expert within their specific technical area.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing scientist level staff.
- Fluent English.Statistical breadth and strong understanding of associated software (JMP, Excel, etc…).
- Design of experiments (DOE).Mentor and manages groups effectively.
- Experience working under ISO1385, ISO9001, GMP or other regulated environments.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills through formal and informal discussion with peers, supervisor and upper management.
- Ability to work in a multinational/multicultural environment.
- Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving techniques and take on business challenges.
- Flexibility of evening schedule at least one day a week to take phone calls with US colleagues.
The Company offers:
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join