When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Senior Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the direct oversight of Thermo Fisher Scientific Laboratory Chemicals Division. Facilities and all activities delegated to Facilities. The position is also responsible for all Security related activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for managing all maintenance, repairs, and improvements made to all Thermo Fisher Scientific Chemicals Inc. Facilities and to ensure EH&S and Sustainability compliance. The position is also responsible for project planning and coordination within the facilities. Additional duties and other projects may be assigned as necessary.
This position will be under the direction and guidance of the Facilities Manager but will take direction from other managers in the Company on a project basis and support the business as a whole. This position will work independently and will involve direct management in cases where additional guidance is needed.
- Manage and lead the effort to maintain safe, healthy, and environmentally friendly buildings and operational processes.
- Ensure facility repairs, improvements, and required regulatory changes are addressed and completed as quickly and often as possible or by a deadline as assigned.
- Suggest improvements and provide detailed plans to better the workplace facilities.
- Maintain emergency systems management such as the fire suppression systems and spill detection.
- Responds to emergencies as appropriate during off-hours, holidays, and weekends. (Being on-call 24/7.)
- Maintain contact with our Security Services vendor, establish security codes for appropriate employees.
- Establish effective communications and collaborations with personnel at all company levels to ensure that facilities issues are known and stay abreast of issues or concerns that impact the quality of work life in Company facilities.
- Respond immediately to resolve any safety related issues. Develop sustainable solutions to these issues when necessary.
- Collaborate with the Incident Investigation Team and EH&S Personnel on an on-going basis regarding any facility findings from investigations or audits that will need to be addressed.
- Ensure all project and vendor/contractor work being done meets EH&S policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain all site repair and improvement activities using any applicable Logs and/or registers.
- Ensure our facilities are kept clean and neat at all times.
- Ensure company vehicles are maintained in accordance with policy and safety requirements.
- Ensure a walk around of each of the warehouse/operations facilities is completed frequently utilizing a checklist to ensure proper EH&S practices are continued and housekeeping and safety non-conformances are corrected quickly.
- Work directly with applicable Supervisors/Managers regarding personnel issues related to safety and/or facilities management to ensure the issues are addressed.
- Develop, maintain, and manage practices and procedures for managing projects, quotes and work orders that will ensure clarity, organization, and EH&S compliance is met.
- Prepare a monthly checklist of status of projects and tasks – provide Manager with a monthly report detailing the current status of the project based on the checklist.
- Comply with all applicable safety regulations.
- Acts as liaison with vendors and contractors. Recommends alternative products or services to accomplish goals.
- Ensures completion of preventative maintenance on equipment and building systems as established in department procedures and audits, and required by regulatory agencies. Stays abreast of laws, rules, and regulations could impact the operation.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Observes all departmental and Quality System procedures and work instructions.
- Supports Thermo Fisher’s commitment for continuous improvement by documenting process improvement opportunities throughout the Quality System.
- Follows and abides by all EH&S policies, practices, and procedures in association with department specific responsibilities.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for participating in EH&S audits with internal Company groups, regulatory agencies, and customers.
- Responsible for reporting all near misses, accidents, and dangerous occurrences through the appropriate Company procedures to ensure an investigation is initiated.
- Cooperate with all root cause investigations and follow corrective actions and compliance with Company policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations occurs within department.
- Support the Company’s commitment for environmental health & safety by applying ISO 14001 & EHS Achievement Program Standards.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be well organized and committed to a safe and clean working environment.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time well.
- Must stay abreast of relevant industry standards in Facility Management, Sustainability and EH&S.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well with people.
- Must be computer literate and have a basic knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Must have the ability to learn new computer and software programs.
- Must have ability to work with hand/power tools safely.
- Post-high school education.
- 5 to 10 years of previous facilities management experience.
- Working knowledge of Powered Industrial Trucks and preventative maintenance programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position may require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8 - 12 hour shift while standing with periodic walking. Must be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.
Required to wear ASTM F 2413-05 (or ANSI Z41-1999) safety shoes while working in the warehouse.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join