Job Title: Facility Manager
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the site R&D, laboratories and office facility of Rodano.
In addition the position will manage all of the sites utilities equipment requirements. This will require management of internal resource and external contracts to ensure the facilities and utilities meet site requirements.
The successful applicant will also develop and execute standards and systems to meet safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
We’re looking for somebody who is a strong deliverer, who wants to be part of a team helping a business that is dedicated to delivering quality products that help society.
- To manage facilities across site including all R&D facilities, laboratories and offices.
- Stakeholder management and communication across all levels of the businesses.
- To define the Rodano facility and utilities standards to meet Safety, regulatory and business culture standards.
- Develop the business plans to meet the facilities and utilities standards using internal/contract resource and maintenance/investment budgets.
- Feasibility, preliminary scope and justification for CAPEX projects to meet current and future facility and utilities requirements.
- Ensure facilities and utilities projects are delivered to the site standards for Safety, Regulatory and internal customer requirements
- Manage and rationalize site facilities and utilities contracts to including budget review, vendor analysis, contract negotiation, contract management all to meet Service Level Agreements and required standards. Including but not limited to:
- Security/reception/office services
- Site waste stream
- Pest control
- Utilities contracts
- Engineering stores
- Site maintenance and calibration contracts
- Office furniture
- Fleet management
- Manage the contractors at the site, deliver and sustain the facility standards.
- Ensure safety and regulatory inspections are completed on time in full (example, pressure systems).
- Provide innovative technical solutions required to meet business objectives with emphasis on safety, quality and productivity.
- Evidence of strong communication skills up to divisional board level.
- Engineering degree, and or recognized facilities management qualification
- Demonstrated skills in executing several large concurrent assignments with emphasis on facilities and utilities management.
- Demonstrated technical leadership, adaptability, analytical and problem-solving skills, decision making, trouble-shooting, team management, and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Experience working with plant operators, leadership, outside vendors and managing contractors and engineering firms.
- Must have a good understanding of plant manufacturing, engineering and quality functions
- Experience with continuous improvement, PPI, LEAN, Six Sigma, TPM, or related processes
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Extensive facilities and utilities experience in a manufacturing environment and office and laboratory environment.
- Must function effectively within ever-changing environments.
- Must easily adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity, and change.
- Must be resilient and calm under pressure and be able to learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively.
- Must work collaboratively across organizational boundaries to achieve company results.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence individuals at different levels of the organization.
- Must have a desire for technical excellence, and a history of delivering outstanding results.
- Must focus on the right priorities, make timely decisions, and deliver on short and long term commitments, bringing consumer considerations to bear on everything we do.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join