When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Change and Communications Project Manager is responsible for effective change management and communications for Global IT programs and initiatives, working closely with project teams, business and IT managers, as well as communication and training resources to develop and execute effective change management strategies. Candidate must have the aptitude to design, analyze, and define communication requirements, methods, and application deployment, based on evaluation of work processes, customer requirements, timeline, and emerging technology, cost and benefit metrics. Supports IT technical teams with storytelling efforts in support of Thermo Fisher's strategies. Prepare employee communication materials that will help facilitate change and create excitement around products and services.
- Provide consultative support to project teams, educating them on foundational change management principles and guiding them on the use of methodology and tools to effectively facilitate change.
- Apply structured methodology including the use of change management tools to meet the needs of the business, such as: impact assessment, stakeholder engagement plan, communication strategy and plan, coaching plan, resistance management plan, business readiness surveys, and training plan.
- Build change management capabilities within the IT organization by helping define processes and procedures for Global Infrastructure Services IT and assist in the development of a consistent change methodology and tools for use within Global Infrastructure Services IT
- Continuously improve the way we manage change and transformation across Global Infrastructure Services IT
- Create detailed communication strategy and plans, leveraging multiple communication methods, both online and face to face.
- Support technical teams (IT architects, program managers, and/or IT directors) with developing a “story” from their technology deployment efforts.
- Create specific change management plans with respect to training and orientation of employees.
- Establish parameters to measure the early adoption, effective utilization and proficiency to new change initiatives and technologies for individual employees as well as groups or departments.
- Serve as a liaison with the other communication team members across the company to provide connection to groups/divisions/technologies
- Create a consistent communication vehicle, templates and resources to support Global Infrastructure Services’ Vision and Strategy
- Create or review content for communications decks, intranet and videos, as needed
- 3+ years of project or change management and/or internal experience with large-scale organization change and communication initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations or a related field is required.
- Change management certification (Prosci or equivalent) is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, collaboration, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- Experience with video, white board animation and gamification in communication is a plus
- Experience with MS Office 365 tools, Sway, Stream, Flow is a plus
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking. Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in core communication technologies and willingness to learn technology platforms to deliver engaging communications.
- Tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate complex information in simple, easy-to-understand ways.
- Ability to recommend appropriate communication actions.
- Ability to identify, escalate and turn around issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to take ownership and independently drive progress in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to engage/partner with multiple constituents while driving time-sensitive communications solutions.
- Ability to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Ability to articulate a compelling reason for effective change management practices and to engage project and business stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver high quality business results and project deliverables on-time and on-budget.
- Demonstrated history of facilitating and resolving issues among stakeholders with competing deadlines and priorities.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.