Job Title: Director, Marketing Communications
Reports To: Vice President, Strategy & Marketing
Position Location: Center Valley, PA preferred. Will also consider remote-based or near other sites
Number of Direct Reports: 3-4
The Director, Marketing Communications provides leadership for the Clinical Trial Division Marketing Communications team. This includes the planning, development and execution of global communications objectives, strategies and programs. The Director, Marketing Communications will work closely with product managers, commercial team members, business leaders and subject matter experts to define marketing communications strategy for new and existing service lines. This role will work with commercial channels to understand promotional and sales tool priorities. In addition, they will lead digital marketing efforts, drive effective lead generation activities, manage social media channels, website, blog, media and lead nurturing programs. Specific programs may include message development, multi-touch nurturing campaigns, interactive/social media, website content management, collateral development, advertising, and tradeshows. The individual will be the contact point with Corporate PR and Group communications on press releases and other external or client-facing communications. S/he will align with internal communications (HR) to ensure consistency of messaging externally and internally.
- Formulates and oversees the execution of Divisional external marketing communications activities
- Plans, manages, and implements annual marketing communication activities across service lines
- Partners with product marketing, commercial teams and global colleagues to develop and execute campaigns focused on competitive differentiation, service line innovation and other key market messages
- Supervises in-house staff and external vendors
- Manages timely and current website, blog and social media communication initiatives to drive brand awareness, boost lead generation efforts, and deliver commercial impact
- Tracks marketing communication metrics to ensure maximum market impact and advise/implement appropriate methods to expand market reach within target segments
- Track effectiveness of lead generation activities, integration and follow up with commercial teams
- Develop sales tools to effectively promote products, capabilities, and total solutions, including collateral and advertising
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of proven experience in marketing communication and related leadership roles
- Experience within life sciences, clinical research or related industry is a plus
- High level of intensity, personal drive and comfort level within matrixed environment.
- Hands-on success launching integrated marketing campaigns and managing a metrics-focused communications function
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of marketing communication technologies, including media and digital strategies
- Demonstrated writing and creative capabilities across a variety of marketing media: web content, blogs, collateral, etc.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced marketing environment with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Proven ability to conceive and develop creative ideas and cost-effective solutions
- Experience managing outside consultants and agencies; effective negotiation skills
- A knowledge seeker committed to developing a deep understanding of business units and related customer segments, their challenges and pain points
- Experience mobilizing a diverse team within a B2B marketing communication role for business impact
- Experience working in a global environment, supporting various regions and commercial activities
- Commercial experience or strong familiarity with sales processes and client interactions.
- Available for up to 20% travel
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join